Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G and torrents

Options
  • 15-04-2007 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else who uses utorrent has managed to get rid of the yellow ! triangle sign and have the green dot? I have forwarded the ports and made the IP static, still no joy..............it has been working well for the last number of months but the last few days its been poor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Any particular reason you are using Utorrent? Im on standard bit-torrent but she always runs slow enough for me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

DaBreno wrote:
    Any particular reason you are using Utorrent?

Because it the best client there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

Maybe Vodafone have copped on, and started to throttle torrents.
    Constant use of all spare bandwidth on 3G has the side effect of
    making the cell coverage much smaller, decreasing the range,
    and dropping everybody further away from the cell back to 2G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

i use bitcomet with vodafone 3g and i get good speeds. i wasnt aware you could port forward with the 3G modem? How do you do this as id like to open my ports for using emule?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I port forward with the 3G router, but utorrent still says it doesnt work.

• Advertisement

how exactly do you forward you ports using the router? sorry if thats a silly question but i just dont know how to go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

you need a static IP first, plenty of info on the net as to how to go about this

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/Utorrent.htm

all the info you need is here, let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thanks for that Godskitchen. I dont have a linksys router however, just the Huawei 3G HSDPA modem, I'm guessing thats an entirely different kettle of fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

What sort of download speeds are you getting with the Vodafone 3G?

Advertisement