Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Generally Strange

• 15-04-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭

Not quite "Hazards of Belief" - anything generally strange and religiously (or anti-religiously) motivated.

Mostly just to file this: woooh.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Great idea for a thread, "Hazards" gets a lot of stuff that should really go here.

On that site, what an intro! I think I get the whole rock concert church thing now after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Huh...a friend of mine showed me this just last night. Disturbed the hell out of me, I think the intro is like that of a real time strategy computer game.

Oh, theres this too: http://www.kkmime.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

Hallelujahgobble.

I’ve always had a soft spot for this helpful guide to Judgement Day from islamonline.net. After the introduction with the Star Wars text vanishing up the screen, you can proceed to a page that links to relevant scriptural quotes. My personal favourite is the fourth Hadith on the bottom of the screen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Schuhart wrote:
    My personal favourite is the fourth Hadith on the bottom of the screen.
    Worrying -- what about the "respect the people of the book" line? As with christianity, there doesn't seem to be any lack of contradictory things to believe...

EDIT: Googling for the text of that hadith, I came across this page which has a series of anti-semitic rants from the early church father John Chrysostom whom I thought, up to a few moments ago, was a decent chap as he's revered by some of the orthodox churches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

There's no contradiction, that hadith relates to the environment after the dajjal - which is nothing like the present situation whatsoever, it's about judgement day.
    Needless to say, it's completely irrelevant right now, and I think all it means is that on the last day all of the natural world will be firmly on God's side and the side of His followers. Quoting it without bothering to mention its context (i.e. under the conditions of a highly unusual state of affairs in the world) is just going to cause unnecessary confusion, the only time I ever come across this hadith is when non Muslims present it as an example of Islamic anti-Semitism (yeah I know, irony etc.).
    A good relationship with Jews is of course prescribed over and over again in Islamic teachings, there's really no doubt about it.

I agree with you on the star wars theme though, it was indeed strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

InFront wrote:
    , the only time I ever come across this hadith is when non Muslims present it as an example of Islamic anti-Semitism (yeah I know, irony etc.).
    A good relationship with Jews is of course prescribed over and over again in Islamic teachings, there's really no doubt about it.

But if the hadith states that the final hour cannot come until "my nation fights the jews" what incentive do people have to stop fighting the jews ? This is ordered by Allah is it not ? Is it not right to point this out as anti-Semitism. Or after the Dajal comes are all bets off and hating jews is no longer anti-semitic but a good thing instead ?

You say a good relationship is "prescribed", by who ? where ? Please provide an Hadith or quran quote which says you must make the jew your friend and must not fight the jews. I know of none.

robindch wrote:
    As with christianity, there doesn't seem to be any lack of contradictory things to believe...
    Indeed, as we know as we know only too well you find this kind of thing in Christianity too. I have an interesting little historical artefact - a pamphlet called ‘The Kingship of Christ and Organised Naturalism’, by Father Denis Fahey published in Dublin in 1943. The first chapter is divided into two columns, contrasting ‘Our Lord’s Programme’ with ‘Satan’s Aims’. A sample quote from ‘Satan’s aims’ is:
    Satan aims at preventing the acknowledgement by States and Nations of the Catholic Church as the One Way established by God for ordered return to him. ……… The first step towards this is to get all religions, including the Jewish religion, put on the same level as the Catholic Church. The granting of full citizenship to the Jews, who, as a nation, are engaged in preparing for the natural Messias, tends in the same direction.
    While he does try to distinguish what he’s saying from Anti-Semitism, his essential message is clear. Them Jews is doing Satan’s work. (Incidently, my copy of the book was printed in 1949 – into a world where the memory of the Holocaust was presumably very fresh and real.)
    InFront wrote:
    Quoting it without bothering to mention its context (i.e. under the conditions of a highly unusual state of affairs in the world) is just going to cause unnecessary confusion, the only time I ever come across this hadith is when non Muslims present it as an example of Islamic anti-Semitism (yeah I know, irony etc.).
    In fairness, it also lends itself as an excellent example of the pure bizarre in religion (and you’ll note I identified the context as a guide to Judgement Day).

On the question of this just being a little footnote dug out by critics of Islam and otherwise without meaning, can I point out that the link I’ve given is to islamonline.net – which features as a recommended site on the Islam forum. Also, I believe this precise Hadith is cited in Hamas’ Charter. I’m not trying to pretend that people who support Hamas might not have some pretty pressing grievances that motivate them, or that I’m not sitting at a very comfortable remove from the reality of those grievances. I just want to make it clear that the quote seems to have some currency with people who aren’t atheists, apostates and Islamophobes – which should be clear if I’m finding it on a site that passes muster as a decent source of Islamic material.

In terms of your own reaction, hopefully you’ll understand that saying the Hadith relates to the environment after the dajjal - which is nothing like the present situation whatsoever, it's about judgement day still leaves a bit of a gap in our understanding. I find myself asking much the same question as Dinobot. Indeed, are you saying everyone should be nice to Jews until the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) appears, when they must be slaughtered en masse so that Judgement Day can arrive?

(I’ve seen serious threads hijacked by trolls. But I think this is the first time I’ve seen a thread that started out as whacky and funny grow into something serious. We’re breaking new ground, people.)

Well DinoBot having a background in Islam and from contributing to the Islam forum, I'm sure you know very well that a good relationship with Jews is required. And by good relationship I wasn't saying you must befriend each other.
    Anyway, here is what you asked for:
    And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better (a kindly way), except with those of them who do wrong;
    The Prophet said "Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or burdens them in more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment." Also, the prophet sometimes shared meals with Christians and Jews.

Interesting article here too (interesting because it comes from the same "strange" website that Schugart pulled that video clip from).

InFront wrote:
    The Prophet said "Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or burdens them in more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment."
    But does this apply to Jews unlucky enough not to find themselves close to a boxthorn tree when Damien gets born?
    InFront wrote:
    (interesting because it comes from the same "strange" website that Schugart pulled that video clip from).
    Religious, strange, hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Sorry Schuhart I just saw your earlier post... and you can have your thread back in a minute I wasn't intending on filling it with a response to that video clip:)
    Firstly, I'm not sure you appreciate what the unusual state of affairs in the world implies. Also, I'm not sure how much attention it deserves because it is (a)unavoidable and (b) probably doesn't concern us at all (and Muslims make duaa that it won't).
    Anyway this would be at the time of Islam being accepted in India and the second coming of Jesus - Isa (saw) who will kill the Dajaal and the followers of the dajaal including the many Jews (especially the Jews of Isfahaan who will be the major followers of the Dajaal) and it is these people that nature will act against.
    They will refer to him as the messiah, from what I remember some Muslims might too. So yes, there would be a change in the relationship with these people, not really because they are Jews but because they follow the Dajaal. And there would be a sort of war against them.

• Advertisement

InFront wrote:
    I wasn't intending on filling it with a response to that video clip:)
    You did the right thing. As Oscar Wilde would say, the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
    InFront wrote:
    I'm not sure you appreciate what the unusual state of affairs in the world implies.
    I’d see the point as more that it’s utter nonsense. That said, it has a delicious sort of Quatermass and the pit feel to it. At any moment the mundane drapery of what we think are our lives might be stripped from us, leaving our true natures revealed for one last pitiless conflict.

I’m not that big into video games, but has anyone used this as a plot for one yet?

Schuhart wrote:
    I’m not that big into video games, but has anyone used this as a plot for one yet?

You see elements of it in DOOM 3 and similar games where they attempt to get themes of a lurking evil in all of us across. There was also that right wing Christian game where you have to fight the army of the anti-christ recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Schuhart wrote:
    You did the right thing. As Oscar Wilde would say, the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.I’d see the point as more that it’s utter nonsense. That said, it has a delicious sort of Quatermass and the pit feel to it. At any moment the mundane drapery of what we think are our lives might be stripped from us, leaving our true natures revealed for one last pitiless conflict.

Same - not that I'm aware of. Pity, it would make a very good game. You could have two entirely separate games: one in the mundane world, where you had to do whatever (solve a crime, say, or run a business); and one where the illusions are stripped away, and you can see that the guy who you have to work with in game A is on the other side in game B. Working with souls from the Wrong Side tarnishes your soul, weakening you in the spiritual fight - plus there are the mundane consequences of banishing your boss back to the 4th Circle of Hell with a shotgun and holy water.

Heck of an RPG, come to that - very Call of Cthulhu...

nerdishly,
    Scofflaw

Shadowman FTW

5uspect wrote:

Hmm. doesn't quite have the tension between what you need to do as a "soldier of the Lord" and as a normal human being. Does the Christian game include the idea that as you go around killing off evil, you're likely to achieve Public Enemy No. 1 status - plus, you'd be faced with possibly having to kill good people who are trying to stop/arrest you...?

Plus, you can mix it up from time to time by playing with the protagonist's sanity, so that it's not 100% certain that you're actually seeing the soul world - you might just be hallucinating. After all, you're probably going to be seeing things that man should not wot of...

Possibly I just like the idea of your character standing around on street corners muttering to himself before gunning down some random pedestrians on the basis that they're actually demons.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote:
    Does the Christian game include the idea that as you go around killing off evil, you're likely to achieve Public Enemy No. 1 status - plus, you'd be faced with possibly having to kill good people who are trying to stop/arrest you...?
    I haven’t read the ‘Left Behind’ novels, but the game seems to be based on that
    scenario
    – all decent Christians have been taken up in the Rapture, leaving the sinners behind to face the army of the Anti-Christ.
    Possibly I just like the idea of your character standing around on street corners muttering to himself before gunning down some random pedestrians on the basis that they're actually demons.
    Alternatively, how about players choosing a religion at the start with no indication as to whether it’s the right one, only for the realisation to slowly dawn as the game progresses that their Messiah is the false one and its too late to change.

Fark photoshop contest with theme: "If religion ruled the business world..." is here.

Then, there was the (generally strange) one about the Texas Russian Orthodox monks who experimented with sex, drugs and weeping icons (this page has the fake tears "as a sign of distress". Indeed).

Schuhart wrote:
    I haven’t read the ‘Left Behind’ novels, but the game seems to be based on that
    scenario
    – all decent Christians have been taken up in the Rapture, leaving the sinners behind to face the army of the Anti-Christ.Alternatively, how about players choosing a religion at the start with no indication as to whether it’s the right one, only for the realisation to slowly dawn as the game progresses that their Messiah is the false one and its too late to change.

Yes, I like that. Also the idea that picking a strong belief in a religion makes you "spiritually" stronger, but makes those of other religions appear evil, whether they are or not.

Possibly you could pick your source of inspiration, or choose from a list of statements, such as "People go to hell because", and then mark people evil according to what you believe, whether or not they actually are. There would then be clues as the real "nature of evil" as the game progressed (ideally, a randomly chosen nature), and you could modify your beliefs for the tradeoff of an amount of spiritual strength...determined by how strongly you initially chose to believe, and how opposed the new belief is.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

InFront wrote:
    Anyway this would be at the time of Islam being accepted in India and the second coming of Jesus - Isa (saw) who will kill the Dajaal and the followers of the dajaal including the many Jews (especially the Jews of Isfahaan who will be the major followers of the Dajaal) .

Reminds me of a nice quote I heard in a film

"If God doesnt care about their souls why should we care about their bodies."

Its impossible to hope for peace when a whole nation has been deminised like that.

Its amazing that it makes perfect sence to you to prescribe the killing of
    a whole nation of people (after the Dajal of course). Normally if someone
    said that they would be called a sociopath, but if you say it as part of your
    religion its fine.

People give way too much respect to religion.

Scofflaw wrote:
    Possibly you could pick your source of inspiration, or choose from a list of statements, such as "People go to hell because", and then mark people evil according to what you believe, whether or not they actually are. There would then be clues as the real "nature of evil" as the game progressed (ideally, a randomly chosen nature), and you could modify your beliefs for the tradeoff of an amount of spiritual strength...determined by how strongly you initially chose to believe, and how opposed the new belief is.
    I think, just like the makers of LEFT BEHIND: Eternal Forces, we have an idea which provides great entertainment while encouraging fascinating discussions about matters of eternal importance.

• Advertisement

From here:

Vatican calls verbal attack on Pope ‘terrorism'
    Reuters
    May 2, 2007 at 1:13 PM EDT
    ROME — The Vatican's official newspaper accused an Italian comedian on Wednesday of “terrorism” for criticizing the Pope and warned his rhetoric could fuel a return to 1970s-style political violence. In an unusually strongly worded editorial, L'Osservatore Romano said a presenter of a televised May Day rock concert, which is sponsored by Italy's labour unions, had launched “vile attacks” on Pope Benedict in front of an “excitable crowd”.
    “This, too, is terrorism. It's terrorism to launch attacks on the Church,” it said. “It's terrorism to stoke blind and irrational rage against someone who always speaks in the name of love, love for life and love for man.”
    At the concert, held every year in front of the Saint John in Lateran basilica — Rome's cathedral where Pope Benedict sits as bishop — one of the presenters, Andrea Rivera, spoke out against the Pontiff's stand on a number of issues. “The Pope says he doesn't believe in evolution. I agree, in fact the Church has never evolved,” he said. He also criticized the Church for refusing to give a Catholic funeral to Piergiorgio Welby, a man who campaigned for euthanasia as he lay paralyzed with muscular dystrophy. He died in December after a doctor agreed to unplug his respirator.
    “I can't stand the fact that the Vatican refused a funeral for Welby but that wasn't the case for (Chilean dictator Augusto) Pinochet or (Spanish dictator Francisco) Franco,” he said between musical acts at the open-air concert.
    The latest salvo between the Vatican and its critics in Italy comes a few days after the head of Italy's bishops' conference, Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco, received a bullet in the post after making comments that his critics say compared homosexuality with incest and pedophilia. The Osservatore said Rivera's monologue came amid growing anti-clericalism in Italy which included graffiti and Internet messages supporting the Red Brigades, the Marxist group involved in political violence particularly in the 1970s. “Some people have even twisted (Bagnasco's words) to start an insidious ‘war', a new season of tension, which is inspiring those who are looking for motives to return to taking up arms,” the newspaper said.
    Prime Minister Romano Prodi, a devout Catholic who is backing legislation to give legal rights to unmarried couples, including homosexuals — a bill opposed by the Church — called for calm. “We have to have calm and good sense,” he told reporters. “Unfortunately the rhetoric has continuously been getting harsher over recent months. This country doesn't need it.”

Sabbath Elevators

Sabbath elevators are present in many areas with large Jewish populations and high-rise buildings, as well as institutions such as Sinai Hospital.

Sabbath elevators are normal elevators that can be set to automatically stop at every floor. That helps observant Orthodox Jews who aren't permitted to operate electrical switches during the Sabbath period, or Shabbat, which runs from sunset Friday to nightfall Saturday.

From this article.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Top 100 Fundie Quotes

are here. My personal favourite, apart from atheists being a Muslim sect:

"One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it."

It reminds me of someone...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

A fairytale! Brilliant....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Scofflaw wrote:
    "One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it."

Hahahaha!

Cos, y'know, its hard to notice the GIANT NUCLEAR EXPLOSION that perpetually hangs in the sky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Zillah wrote:
    Cos, y'know, its hard to notice the GIANT NUCLEAR EXPLOSION that perpetually hangs in the sky...
    Ergo, the Sun is god. Praise to great Helios!
    Scofflaw wrote:
    Top 100 Fundie Quotes
    Man, I really wish I hadn't followed that link. Depressing :(

• Advertisement

An attempt to make the Bible over 18s in Hong Kong...
    http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSHKG31748020070518

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Top 100 Fundie Quotes

God save us!

The church of Google
    http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

Response by Billy Graham to the question:

"DEAR DR. GRAHAM: My neighbor is the nicest person I know, and she'll do anything for anyone who needs help. And yet she isn't at all religious, and says she's never found any need for God. How do you explain this? I thought only religious people were supposed to know what it means to love others. -- Mrs. S.G."

This sort of thing makes my eyeballs itch.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

A crowd calling themselves 'DefCon' -- the defenders of the constitution -- turned up at the opening of Ham's exhibition yesterday and rented an airplane to trail a banner reading "DefCon says thou shalt not lie" while the exhibition's cherry was being popped way below. There's a video here.

Later on, Muttonjaw blogged:
    Ken Ham wrote:
    I said that the people responsible for this banner did not believe in the Bible as the absolute authority and didn’t believe in the God of the Bible and therefore had no basis for deciding right or wrong, and thus logically could not accuse us of a lie!
    A sentence which has the highest non-sequitur to word ratio of any I can think of.

Yeeha. Creation Museum brochure. Might be a piss-take, it's impossible to tell any more.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Scofflaw wrote:
    Yeeha. Creation Museum brochure. Might be a piss-take, it's impossible to tell any more.

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    Thats not a brochure, that the museum webpage.

Here is the virtual tour for those in sane countries who can't make it over.
    Giant bugs—marvels of God’s creation—buzz overhead in our themed gift shop and resource center! Find shelves crammed with the latest books, tapes, CDs, DVDs, videos and other resources that’ll strengthen your walk with the Creator and embolden your defense of His Word. Stock up and tell others what you’ve discovered!

Be a good little creationist and buy all our stuff.

5uspect wrote:
    Thats not a brochure, that the museum webpage.

Here is the virtual tour for those in sane countries who can't make it over.

Be a good little creationist and buy all our stuff.

Ah, it's worse than I feared....

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Equip yourself with answers through a revealing video.

This tour is a blast! Its like a summary of all J Cs posts condensed into funny little drawings without these: :D :cool: :eek:

I don't know if I should be simply amused by all this or completely horrified that they got the thing up and running. Time will tell if the pockets of the ignorant are deep I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

Our photographic evidence will convince you and many others that man killed the dinosaurs.

Wowee. Not only did man kill the dinosaurs, but he also killed them off in the mid 1800s after cameras had been invented. What a feat of materialistic-evolutionary-cosmologists to have convinced us otherwise. A truly grand deception.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Wowee. Not only did man kill the dinosaurs, but he also killed them off in the mid 1800s after cameras had been invented.
    If I want to watch humans killing dinosaurs on film, I'd rather it was Raquel Welsh in a loincloth.

51Y8RHY590L._AA240_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Scofflaw wrote:
    Sabbath Elevators

Sabbath elevators are present in many areas with large Jewish populations and high-rise buildings, as well as institutions such as Sinai Hospital.

Sabbath elevators are normal elevators that can be set to automatically stop at every floor. That helps observant Orthodox Jews who aren't permitted to operate electrical switches during the Sabbath period, or Shabbat, which runs from sunset Friday to nightfall Saturday.

From this article.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I can tell you, from personal experience, that this can be extremely annoying. I stayed on one of the upper floors of the Dan Panorama hotel in Jerusalem, and on Saturday it took me ten minutes just to go back to my room and get my watch! Interestingly, the elevators were all manufactured by the Schindler company - something to do with Oskar Schindler being a righteous Gentile. My joke about "Schindler's Lift" lost something in translation so fell a bit flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Scofflaw wrote:
    Top 100 Fundie Quotes

are here. My personal favourite, apart from atheists being a Muslim sect:

It reminds me of someone...

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    Great quote. Any other good ones. The link wont open for me here.

PDN wrote:
    I can tell you, from personal experience, that this can be extremely annoying. I stayed on one of the upper floors of the Dan Panorama hotel in Jerusalem, and on Saturday it took me ten minutes just to go back to my room and get my watch! Interestingly, the elevators were all manufactured by the Schindler company - something to do with Oskar Schindler being a righteous Gentile. My joke about "Schindler's Lift" lost something in translation so fell a bit flat.

The difference, I suppose, is that Schindler's lifts can't be used as an emergency exit.

apologies,
    Scofflaw

raido9 wrote:
    Great quote. Any other good ones. The link wont open for me here.

Try the Google cached version. Some of the quotes are pretty depressing, mind you...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Scofflaw wrote:
    That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it."

ROFL ... I wonder what this "giant outside source of energy" could be ...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

They are fantastic Scofflaw.

My favourite so far
    "Athiests as a Majority

This is what it would be like, if the majority of people were athiests.
    ATHIEST KID: Mom, I'm going to go **** a hooker.
    ATHIEST MOM: Okay, son.
    ATHIEST KID: Afterwards, I'm going to go smoke pot with my friends, since it's "not addictive."
    ATHIEST MOM: Okay, come home soon!

The athiest kid leaves the room. The father comes home from work several minutes later.

ATHIEST DAD: Hey!
    ATHIEST MOM: Hi, honey! I'm pregnant again. I guess I'll just get another abortion, since "fetuses don't count as human life."
    ATHIEST DAD: Okay, get as many abortions as you want!
    ATHIEST MOM: Oh, and don't go in the bedroom.
    ATHIEST DAD: Why not?
    ATHIEST MOM: There are two gay men ****ing eachother in there.
    ATHIEST DAD: Why are they here?
    ATHIEST MOM: I wanted to watch them do it for awhile. They just aren't finished yet.
    ATHIEST DAD: Okay, that's fine with me!

Suddenly, their neighbor runs into the house.

ATHIEST NEIGHBOR: Come quick, there's a Christian outside!
    ATHIEST MOM: We'll be right there!

The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM ATHIEST: Damn you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!

THE END

Scary, isn't it?"

"I am a bit troubled. I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed. My son is only 16 and I really don't think he's ready to date yet. What's worse is that he's sneaking some girl to his room behind my back. I need help, God! I want my son to stop being so secretive!"

Brilliant, the winner of the "Occam's Razor Disagrees" Award :D

I hope that is a real post, it sounds a bit like a piss take .. but then again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Scofflaw wrote:
    That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it."
    Wicknight wrote:

:eek: aw man I havn't been on here recently so only seeing this now....brilliant...just...it's too funnny..it really is

Wicknight wrote:

You know, we have that argument almost word for word on the Creationism thread.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote:
    You know, we have that argument almost word for word on the Creationism thread.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

And not just once or twice, but over and over and over .... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement