Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Missing DVDs

Options
  • 15-04-2007 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭

I recently ordered a few dvd's off cdwow, like i normally do. But when they were delivered the package had clearly been opened (seals had been sliced through), the dvd box inside had its outer shrink wrap sliced and the box had been opened and the dvd removed. The cost of the dvd's was minimal i think €7 each but still i'm raging , this is the first time its happened. What should i do, who should i complain to. Who's fault is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Similar happened to me on a weekly basis when I rented movies from Screenclick.com. I complained to Screenclick first and they said they were aware of the problem and had narrowed it down to a particular postage route themselves because it was mostly centered around an area in Dublin.

Stranglely enough , our regular postman is gone ;)

In your case you'd be better off calling the GPO (an post cs) and make a formal complaint. I would put it down to the postman most of the time.

AFAIK you can be put in jail for mail theft in the UK (not sure about here) because the mail is the property of the Queen until it reaches its recipient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Email CDwow and say you didnt get the DVD. They will send you another without questioning you.

In fairness to the postman, stuff from cdwow comes a long way and through a lot of postal services before it gets to you. Couldve gone missing anywhere on that journey

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Why would An post deliver something that had clearly been opened? Surely they would contact you about it first, knowing that you would suspect them first. Stupid of whoever did it to send the package on, they were bound to be found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

radioman wrote:
    Email CDwow and say you didnt get the DVD. They will send you another without questioning you.

In fairness to the postman, stuff from cdwow comes a long way and through a lot of postal services before it gets to you. Couldve gone missing anywhere on that journey

In fairness i did and they were excellent. Just annoying really and I DONT WANT IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Moojuice wrote:
    Why would An post deliver something that had clearly been opened? Surely they would contact you about it first, knowing that you would suspect them first. Stupid of whoever did it to send the package on, they were bound to be found out.

I got a mass card in the post a few months ago that had been ripped in two. Only one half arrived, in a plastic an post bag with a 'sorry your item is damaged' note on it.
    Only way it could have happened is if some @&*^$£ somewhere along the way ripped the end off it because they though it might be a birthday card with cash in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moojuice wrote:
    Why would An post deliver something that had clearly been opened?
    Because they are legally obliged to deliver it, even if the envelope is empty. Normally when the package has been damaged or opened they re-seal it and put a label on saying that it was damaged somewhere in transit and so on. Getting it delivered in that state without the seal would suggest that it was the last person to handle it that opened it, i.e. the Postman.

Malmedicine, CDWow will replace it anyway if you tell them it hasn't arrived. Also give An Post CS a call at the GPO and tell them what has happened. They'll probably ask you to send on the packing and contents for them to investigate, and they do investigate this sort of thing.

Advertisement