Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mvp

• 15-04-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

So what do people think of MVP?? He seems to be one thats slipped under the
    radar here lately.

I for one think he has a bright future ahead of him,going by his last two
    matches against Benoit and his improvement which has been consistently steady
    since he first arrived.

His gimmick works for him, hes good on the mic and he appears to be over/got
    heat with the crowd and he's had some pretty good angles.
    Now i dont know the guys background but not many people get thrown into angle
    with Kane and Taker when they first come in,stand their own and still be
    around after the following PPV. (see Mordecai and Kronik)

Now i know Benoit sold incredibly for him at Mania and again on Smackdwon
    this week but if MVP couldnt come up with the goods then it would all be
    useless but i thought he was class in both matches.

His chain and counter wrestling was bang on with benoits and he hit a couple
    of sweet big moves when it was needed (the kick to the face at Mania and
    the belly to belly toss on Smackdown came from nowhere i thought)

Now i dunno, people might conflict on him the way they have about Kennedy
    but if MVP keeps rising the way he's going then there's no limit too what
    he might achieve in my opinion!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

The guy has potential.I really enjoyed his match with benoit at WM.
    The one thing that I dont like is that he can be very inconstitant-he has a god match and then maybe a few crap ones......
    If given the right storyline I think that he has the talent to work his way up the later.However it all depends on how the WWE scriptwriters use him.They seem to get bored very easily these days-look at what happened with the spirit squad and cryme tyme(who are still supposed to get a tag team title shot from a few months ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I like him, he is good.

Glad to see he does not dress like a 'bud light' can anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

He's being allowed to look good by countering Benoit, He's clearly being pushed "Nobody has ever countered Chris Benoit like this" etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I like MVP. I think he is a WWE/World champ of the future. He has been pushed from day one and is very entertaining on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

he needs to lose the silly outfit though,hated him at first but hes really come into his own now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

His match this past week on Smackdown was excellent as was his match at Wrestlemania. I think he has a lot of potential.

Benoit has spoken highly of him in interviews and has said he sees him as a future star. He'd know better than anybody.

I hope he keeps feuding with Benoit as they seem to gel well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't seen a lot of him, but he's got potential alright. Very comfortable in the ring. He was in prison for 10 years before he started wrestling, wasn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    I haven't seen a lot of him, but he's got potential alright. Very comfortable in the ring. He was in prison for 10 years before he started wrestling, wasn't he?

Yeah for robbery. I think I read he was involved in gangs from a young age. Booker had a criminal past too. Maybe the guys in Mountjoy should be given the option of wrestling training. It might do them a lot of good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Yeah i think most people would agree he was impressive at Wrestlemania !! i wasnt even going to watch it but glad i did . I thought it be like the Boogeyman Match !! Someone should start a thread about how **** Boogeyman is¬¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

He was in prison????????I knew that booker was in prison and involved in gangs and stuff....
    Just watched last weeks smackdown and MVPs match with benoit was better than the one at WM which was a great match........I think that JBL is right when he says every week that MVP gets better and better..
    He has come a long way from his debut

• Advertisement
Advertisement