Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTP software?

• 15-04-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Trying to upload a website to its host and having problems doing so with Smart FTP. Can anyone recommend any other (free) FTP software?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

I use FireFTP, its an add on to Firefox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Filezilla gets my vote too.

I actually use WinSCP more often, but for large transfers I've found it a bit unreliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

filezilla is decent. though the OS X version i been using is a load of ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Goodshape wrote:
    Filezilla gets my vote too.

I actually use WinSCP more often, but for large transfers I've found it a bit unreliable.

Haven't had any probs with WinSCP myself. Largest files have been around 100Mb tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭koloughlin

I've transferred files larger than 1 gig with WinSCP without a problem. It probably depends on the quality of the network between the client and server to be honest. If the network drops then there's not much the client can really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Another vote for FireFTP. It really is a nifty little add-on and allows you to change permissions as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Dreamweaver has a handy ftp sync feature. Works well. I use Winscp at work, works well too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

If you can get Flash FXP , get it.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

A gentle reminder: this is the Open Source forum. If you're recommending software, please make sure it is OS/FS - thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement