Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts With Information Technology ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I doubt you will get much info on that course here mate - try this forum instead:
    NUI Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'm looking to do IT as well but not through arts. On its own, IT is course GY350. GY350 is a four-year course. There are options, such as semantic web, business, a language, etc. Watch the maths requirement -- a C3 in honours or an A2 in pass.

My second choice is GY101 -- arts. You pick four subject from a table; only one subject per column. You can do IT through arts. However, the course is three years long and you won't be covering as much really. I think a master's would be in order after that to give yourself better employment opportunities. I think it looks better on a CV to have done 'straight' IT, i.e. not doing it through arts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I agree, If you are interested in IT dont do a computer science/IT course through arts loike.
    Why would you want arts modules in a computer Science/IT course:D?
    This may be harsh, but I also think you dont cover near as much IT in arts, I mean the arts courses are structured such that you get a "broad" grounding in other stuff like Classics or early greek history or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I'd expect youd find it hard to find a job if you complte this course unless u do teaching. just my opinion

Advertisement