Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday April 17th Match - Three Rock Rovers

Options
  • 15-04-2007 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

We are against Fabulous Benedictine Monks or something like that. Who will and who wont be there?

We need to put together two good halves this week instead of one!

A very good training session on Saturday and the return of a few players should help us.

Lets get a win and get the season back on track.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm in. What time are we playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm in. 19:45 according to the boards sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

I'm not in....still injured. And won't even be there to watch as still doing dissertation.

Hope to be back for next one!

good luck, hope the performance goes better than last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Alright lads.
    I'm not sure I can make it yet. I have an awards ceremony to go to, but I'm not sure if I have a ticket or not yet. I will let ye know tomorrow.
    Lepo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Im in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'll be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Myself and Colin will be there, I could do with a lift from town if anyone is going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bootsy Collins

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

Does anyone know directions from the M50? unfortunately i wont be going through town as have to pick up kit from des around 6. Des what time will I pick you up at?

Does anyone know directions from the M50? unfortunately i wont be going through town as have to pick up kit from des around 6. Des what time will I pick you up at?

Going south take the Ballinteer exit & first exit off the roundabout. Straight about a mile (through 4 sets of traffic lights) till you see it on your left.
    (You'll go past St. Johns GAA club on the left & then Lidl on the right before you get to it)

Joe

Astro.ie has directions to all the pitches, it's just the worst website that has ever been built :/

Here's the page with directions:
    http://astro.ie/PitchDirections.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionID=1277&DivisionDetailsID=11

Here's the M50 directions
    Proceed to Sandyford/Dundrum exit.
    Take a sharp left from the round about at the base of the exit back towards Rathfarnham.
    Proceed through three sets of traffic lights, staying on the same road.
    Three Rock Rovers is on your left after the entrance to Marlay Park.

LoBo wrote:
    Astro.ie has directions to all the pitches, it's just the worst website that has ever been built :/

Here's the page with directions:
    http://astro.ie/PitchDirections.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionID=1277&DivisionDetailsID=11

Here's the M50 directions
    Proceed to Sandyford/Dundrum exit.
    Take a sharp left from the round about at the base of the exit back towards Rathfarnham.
    Proceed through three sets of traffic lights, staying on the same road.
    Three Rock Rovers is on your left after the entrance to Marlay Park.

Nope - definately 4 sets :p

(plus a pedestrian 1 :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

will be there btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry lads, I've been sitting up in the four courts this past day and a half, feckin' Jury Service, I've not been picked, so I got a nice day on my balcony today!:D

Anyway, yeah Shay, six sounds about right I think, should be plenty of time, perhaps a little earlier just in case? Would you be home from work in time?

Shay, if your going through town, we'll need to pick Ed up along the way.

I'm as in the dark about location as anyone else lads, but try to be there at least a half hour before kick off, I'll allow for lost-ness this week, and again when we are at a place we haven't played at before.

The team will be named from those present twenty minutes before kick off, in the interest of fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Am looking forward to this game lads - I don't think there'll be anyone going into it with the wrong attitude, which I think we were guilty of last week when we thought they didn't look like any great shakes just based on the jerseys they were(n't) wearing.

I think some great points were raised on our performance last week and if we focus on our own game we'll do alright. We need to make sure we start taking the game to the opposition and get men forward when we have the ball to cut out our over-reliance on long balls. If we address the issue with us being outnumbered in the middle we'll get control of the game and should prevent them getting so much time to have those shots we've been so poor at keeping out.

• Advertisement

Right I'll go through town then Des, can you tell Ed to meet at the centra on D'olier street? Iago if you need a lift I'll be going through D'olier street around half 6. cant say a time for definate im afraid. I have your number though. Des ill hopefully be there at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm fine now thanks. My mate is coming from sandyford and doesn't know the way so I'm getting the luas out to there and going with him from the depot.

see you there.

OK Shay, I'm at home now, waiting on the corner.

seansouth wrote:
    OK Shay, I'm at home now, waiting on the corner.
    Watch out for kerb crawlers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone got a spare pair of shinguards? One poxy shinguard is gone missing on me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

im in the same boat as ste. mine seem to have gone missing or are in the kit bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Sorry lad injured as ye know.

Looking forward to next Tuesday.

Good luck with this one.

Cheers,

Mikie.

Result was 2-2, we played very well though and could easily have won it.
    They had a red card in the last few minutes but we weren't able to get the winning goal in the end.

A good performance overall, well done everyone. Hope we can put that in every week.

An excellent performance tonight lads, we well deserved the draw, if not the win.

Nice to see that kind of turnout, hopefully it will last for the whole season.

I think the weekly training is starting to pay off, as shown by our push on in the last ten/fifteen minutes of the game this evening. Last season we tended to fade as the game wore on, not so tonight.

Two poxy goals though, we need to cut these out completely, I know the bounce was a killer, but we need to expect that and deal with it in the proper way.

We pushed well and held them in their own half of the field for a good portion of the game, it's the first time we've come across a side playing with a 'hatcher' and we dealt well with it. I think the switch back to 4-4-2 helped matters there.

On that performance it's going to be hard to drop players, but I have some other ideas I'd like to try in the attacking part of our play, we still aren't taking enough shots from distance for one thing. They peppered our goal early on, and we hadn't one shot. This needs to change.

All I can say is keep up the god work lads, keep coming training, keep giving the hundred percent even if you aren't in the Starting XI and we can do some serious stuff this season.

And Gary, that shows why I'm the manager and you are a benchwarmer :D

• Advertisement

Incidentally, I've gotten on to Astro.ie about that lunatic who nearly broke your leg Simon, and his post-game idiocy aswell.

I also asked them about the story with the unfilled team spots in the league.

And also, the fact that the pitch was double booked.

I sounded like Victor Meldrew in my email I'm sure, but whaddya gonna do?

anim-i-dont-believe-it-VictorMeldrew.jpg

I don't belieeeeve it!

Advertisement