Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday April 17th Match - Three Rock Rovers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, well done lads, that was a much improved performance and a much more enjoyable game cos we were competitive. Another 10 minutes and we'd have won given the way it was going.

Quality finish by Gary and Craig deserved to get on the scoresheet given his good build up play and he did it in style with the free-kick.

Credit to Des for the positive change in system - we felt like a proper football team with everyone understanding what was expected of them, and even the obligatory bit of needle at halftime which is grand if it raises effort levels.

Thought everyone raised their games, but have to say Ed was outstanding given that he won everything in the air, broke up loads of of their play, and was composed on the ball when he had it.

We looked at our best with Joe, Colm Field and Niall on towards the end - Colm and Niall were always looking to try something and carry the ball and lay it off laterally if nothings on, which is exactly what we need. This gave Joe plenty of time when he got it at right full and he used it well. More of that approach with plenty of lateral passes to steadily build up a move and we'll do well.

Definitely feel me and Shay aren't bossing the midfield yet, and there's plenty of times when we both had a man but there were others free in plenty of space towards the middle. Last night one centre half had to stay deep on the hatcher, but I think Ed's positioning high up the pitch meant he was in the right spot to break up their attacks and turn them into our attacks. Our fullbacks really need to push up so we take the game to them, and wingers should be tucked in eithe side of the centre circle when we dont have the ball, moving out to the ball as it comes down their flank.

All that will help us put the squeeze on them if we push up as a unit and back as a unit, and will give us the numbers in or around the middle of the park to win more second balls and get those lateral movements going, cos we still rely on the long ball too much.

Though in fairness, that's all fine-tuning - we've taken a big step forward with the fundamentals of our setup so credit to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Hi there Lads:

Great to see the team doing well.

Congratulations lads.

Will be at practice but still have to take things easy...

Cheers,

Mikie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

seansouth wrote:
    And Gary, that shows why I'm the manager and you are a benchwarmer :D

pfft, if you had left me on the pitch we'd have won ;)

Well played lads, still a lot of work to do but if we show the application and desire like that every week we'll get some good results. We just need to keep the concentration up for the whole game, we were all guilty of shutting down at points last night and we were punished accordingly.

Still vast improvement on the previous week and onwards and upwards we go.

btw someone needs to update the website with the results at some point. and there's something strange going on with those interyouraulone teams. According to the site one of them lost 6-1 to the other.

Oh and they posted a 7-2 victory over one team that have posted an 8-7 victory over them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

that astro.ie site is a shambles in fairness. I hope the money doesnt go towards updates on that cos theyre not even listing us as having any games played on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

that astro.ie site is a shambles in fairness. I hope the money doesnt go towards updates on that cos theyre not even listing us as having any games played on the table

we have to update the games ourselves. Someone (I'm guessing Des) has a login and password.

You go into the fixtures, enter the goals for and against and the scorers names and the table updates automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was having some issues with the website lads, on three different machines on three different ISPs, so I mailed the league, and now I can enter our results. You should be able to see the correct league table, for us anyway.

Now, as regards the Inter yerauldone and Interyeraulwan, they would seem to be different teams, they certainly have different contacts listed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

It's good to see that all the league places have been filled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Our fullbacks really need to push up so we take the game to them

I agree with this and was trying it but i was being told by Keith not to be so far up all the time, i guess the balance just needs to be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Yeah, I did call you back a couple of times but you did well going forward. They had a permanent hatcher, two hatching strikers in fact until your man tried to break your leg.

I felt we just needed the bit of cover.

We can work on this in training Saturday, but once you can make it back after going forward, I think we can definitely find a good balance and get the system right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

true, i guess joe only had the space cuase there was only 1 striker on the pitch when he came on at right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well, i was glad to make my first apperance for boards and i have to say i enjoyed it. we were nervous in the first 10 minutes, but after that, we were more than a match for them.If we had a few more minutes, i feel we would have won the game as we laid seige to their goal for the last 10 mins. those that came on during the game played really well and the encouragement and team spirit from all of the squad(+ manager) was top class. keep it up.

Advertisement