Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for those about to rock...

Options
  • 15-04-2007 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

long time poster and visitor to the fitness forum - just registered a new account for my fitness log so i can be totally honest and people won't recognise me!

anyway the advice here is always spot on so hopefully people might be able to lend a few helpful comments along the way.

basically my goals are to lose weight and get fitter 9as usual!) currently about 67kg and 5 foot 7. i've been going to the gym (mix of cardio and weights) about three times a week for the past four months or so and my diet is usually:

9am - porridge with half water and half milk
    11am - 6 or 7 walnuts
    lunch 1:30ish - brown bread sandwich with chicken/turkey/tuna (no mayo butter etc.) and some lettuce.
    6pm - dinner - usually some chicken, a pork chop, some extra lean mince, or a piece of fish with veg.
    9pm ish - usually 100g of cold chicken/turkey or occasionally an 80g packet of smoked salmon (maybe once a week or so)
    oh and i've also given up the alcohol for the past 4 months so i have to admit i do usually have one diet 7up or so once a week.

as i say i've been keeping up this for the past few months and i've been pretty disciplined but unfortunately my goals are just drifting further away from me. For example, in the past week I gained 3lbs despite sticking to the letter of the above diet and fitting in a short run and a couple of gym visits - obviously this is very disheartening :( has anyone got any suggestions as to where im going wrong?? i am on a couple of different medications at the moment that list weight gain as a side effect but the old adage of calories in < calories used should still hold.

looking fwd to some advice - thanks guys!

im off to the gym tomorrow so will post my fitness log after that.

Advertisement