Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleed Screw on Reillo Burner

Options
  • 15-04-2007 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I ran out of oil whilst my heating system was on and now it won't start as I believe I have air in the system.

The lock out light is lite and i have pressed it several times in the last day or so but no luck. So I think there must be air in the system since there was no oil.

I have a Reillo burner and I have read on previous threads that you can bleed this using the screw with the Allen Key but then I read a thread saying you cannot touch this on Reillo burners as it causes lots of problems.

So my question is what is the bleed screw on a Reillo RDB burner?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

I don't have a Reillo but on my boiler I have a reset button on the burner and on the boiler on the control panel (its hidden behind a plastic cover that screws off), could be that both need to be reset. While trying to turn on again open the bleed valve, normally on the oil pipe just before the burner. It make take several times to get the kerisene flowing, once the kerisene comes out the bleed valve close it. Can you hear the burner start and the boiler kick in for a few seconds before cutting out or is that nothing is happening at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

kikiwilson wrote:
    Hi I ran out of oil whilst my heating system was on and now it won't start as I believe I have air in the system.

The lock out light is lite and i have pressed it several times in the last day or so but no luck. So I think there must be air in the system since there was no oil.

I have a Reillo burner and I have read on previous threads that you can bleed this using the screw with the Allen Key but then I read a thread saying you cannot touch this on Reillo burners as it causes lots of problems.

So my question is what is the bleed screw on a Reillo RDB burner?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

The allen screw IS the bleed screw. It is the slot screw that you must not touch.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

i bled one just laste week, didn't know where the screw was so i just opened the nut on the pipe on the left hand side of the pump and wait for oil to run out. then close it and try again.

just like bleeding a tractor

Advertisement