Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Branson Help

Options
  • 15-04-2007 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im doing a presentation for college on tuesday, and decided some time ago that Richard Branson would be my subject. However, I now find that im struggling to come up with subject matter for my presentation to last 10 minutes. Granted, the slideshow is more about my skills at speaking in front of the class, but being up there for 10 minutes is very important - a lot more important than the content. I have 13 slides, as follows:

Slide 1: Title Slide
    Slide 2: Content of Presentation
    Slide 3: Who is Richard Branson? (Quick biography of RB)
    Slide 4: Who is Richard Branson? (continued)
    Slide 5: Richard Branson Timeline (important events in his life)
    Slide 6: Richard Branson Timeline (continued)
    Slide 7: All About Virgin (title slide)
    Slide 8: The foundation of Virgin (about Virgin Music, RB's first venture)
    Slide 9: Continuing Expansion of Virgin (how Virgin has expanded into so many different areas)
    Slide 10: The Virgin Empire (list of Virgin companies and their speciality)
    Slide 11: Case Study - Virgin Mobile
    Slide 12: Case Study - Virgin Atlantic
    Slide 13: Case Study - Virgin Galactic

Im relatively happy with my content so far but its just not enough. I know I havent exhausted all possibilites so maybe my head is just fried from working on multiple projects, but if anybody could suggest ideas for more slides or content so I can last for 10 minutes, you dont know how grateful I would be. Thanks in advance.

Arc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not sure why you couldn't have just attached it on to here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055075998

Although this is probably more a College Work thing, I'm not sure how pleased any educator would be with you getting boardsie's to do your donkeywork for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If you dont have anything constructive to add, then please keep it to yourself Buffy. Giving suggestions to help me isnt doing my 'donkeywork' for me, I would still have to elaborate 4 - 5 slides worth on them so your cheap shot at a put-me-down isnt well received.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Your presentation is long on description and short on analysis.

Ask yourself 'Why?'

Why is he successful?
    Why did he expand into these new areas?
    Why does the Virgin concept work? (if it does work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Who will be your audience? Will they be business, engineering, entrepreneurs, investors, etc. Maybe you could tailor the presentation to suit the audience so it informs and educates them. Maybe speculate what you think the key to his success is in the summary at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

You have more than enough slides already. 1 a minute plus a bookend or 2 is fine. You really dont want to spend all your time clicking on to the next slide.

Slides should support or clarify a story - not tell it for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement