Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Data Tarrif for a 02 Billpay Personal Customer?

• 15-04-2007 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Have a Nokia E61. . .looking to use it more for surfing the net whilst i commute into work. . .pay as you go data seems to be pricey. . I see 02 Have a 'All you can surf, up to 25MB) for EUR 20 inc VAT per month.

Does anyone else have this or can they recommend another tarriff. Am outside my contract period so I could mover operators if someone else had a better deal. . but looking at the various websites they all seem much of a muchness :confused:

As a matter of interest - would 25MB be enough per month (how many web pages does that equate to??)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I just despair when I read about ourageous tariffs like this, considering that on MY E61 I have 1GB of data a month for the equivalent of 8€ on 3 UK. On 3 IRL I have 3GB of full access for 39€ a month.

Can you move? Is it unlocked? For the same 20€ you can get "unlimited" mobile broadband on 3 as an add-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

culabula wrote:
    I just despair when I read about ourageous tariffs like this, considering that on MY E61 I have 1GB of data a month for the equivalent of 8€ on 3 UK. On 3 IRL I have 3GB of full access for 39€ a month.

Can you move? Is it unlocked? For the same 20€ you can get "unlimited" mobile broadband on 3 as an add-on.

Your dead right, the data tarrifs seem to be a ripoff here compared to the likes of the UK!

The handset is unlocked and as I say I'm out of contract so I could move to 3. . . in saying that they only thung that puts me off about 3 is that they don't roam in a lot of countries :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Well more like O2 IRL's are compared to 3 Irl!

Yuo'd be much better off with the 10 or 20€ add-on with 3 if all you're doing is mobile surfing.

They do roam in lots of countries, but data can be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

3s data plans are available on pre pay too so if you just want it for surfing you could pick up a k610 for e99 and get the 100mb add on for 5.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could see if O2 will put you on their 40 Euro (ex VAT) per month data card plan (up to 2GB usage) but at the moment you prolly wanna try somewhere like 3 who seem to be racing ahead with 3G data bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

O2 have packages for 10MB 25MB and 2GB the good thing about them is that this rates for 3G, GPRS, I-mode and HSDPA (when it goes live)
    So you will have at least some form of data connection no matter where you are in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

3s data plans are available on pre pay too so if you just want it for surfing you could pick up a k610 for e99 and get the 100mb add on for 5.99

The K610 is crap for surfing compared to the nokias for a few bob more. The screen is much lower quality and smaller. A Nokia 6280 screen has much more readable text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

@Jimmy, I think he was saying get the k610 because it's the cheapest phone 3 have in PAYG, then dump/sell the phone and use the sim. You can't buy sims seperately you see.

Advertisement