Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Options
  • 15-04-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭

Yes this a real game!
    With 13 years of competitive play under its belt and counting, Super Street Fighter II Turbo is widely considered to be 2-D fighting perfected. A high octane, extremely offense-minded fighter, how is it that Capcom plans to improve upon perfection? By bringing in the comic masterminds at UDON to redraw the entire game, pixel-for-pixel.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (wow again) for Xbox Live Arcade and PSN mirrors the same tactic Capcom utilized with their Hyper Fighting release - the goods you remember, only with online play. This time, however, Capcom is taking care of business in-house and utilizing the insight that 13 years of worldwide, top-tier competition has brought to the game.

While SSF2T HD is a pixel-for-pixel recreation of the game, they aren't ruling out making slight changes to the game. It will be lost on the average player, but when the faithful get a load of the slight but sexy frame tweaks, they'll freak out. And they will love it.

Capcom didn't have anything to show on the project, but they did say that the entirety of the game is being redrawn, from the character select, all the way through to backgrounds and endings. While it would be heaven in a download if they could also work in the original SSF2T, it is something they are currently considering. Capcom is aiming for a release this Fall.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/13/super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-for-xbla-announced/

streetfitar2hp0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

:eek:

I'll gladly buy an x-box 360/ps3 for this. I love the artwork from those Udon comics and that image of Ryu looks excellent!

I just hope they don't change the music tracks too.

Anyway :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks fantastic. I'd snap this up the minute it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They won't be adding any new animations, so it might look a bit jerky with the new sprites. :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New animations would change the gameplay and really annoy the hardcore players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Almost more interesting is that they are releasing a version of Puzzle Fighter as well! That's a truly class game. Out of all the MAME stuff I have that game is probably the one that has got played the most!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hark, for the producer speaks!
    Ah, David Sirlin, always good for fighting talk (check out the comments ;) )

Also -- while it is quite cheeky to compare the res to Guilty Gear :) it does bring back the dream of a new HD-sprite-based, 2D fighting game... if only SOMEONE would put the money in!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

*drool*

Advertisement