Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning bought books

• 15-04-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

At the start of 1st yr (this year)....me thinking that in college you'd need all these fancy books bought most of the recommended books that the lecturers wanted us to buy in the first week. I've never opened one of them since and I'm now wondering could I go back to the on campus bookshop where I bought them and return them?? Would I get near enough full price considering they are immaculate....once i brush the dust off them :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

probably not but the SU book shop in the student centre will sell them for you

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

will the SU book shop pay you from them and them re-sell them on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

the best thing to do is try sell them yourself to next years first years. For example, in the quinn school theres a notice board to advertise books for sale (well, we do do commerce :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

In the SU bookshop they keep a database, you get your money when it's sold. I think you even pick what price its sold at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

dajaffa wrote:
    I think you even pick what price its sold at.

Oh, I've a linear algebra book that's almost unused, [Dr. Evil]One million dollars[/Dr. Evil] please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

humbert wrote:
    Oh, I've a linear algebra book that's almost unused, [Dr. Evil]One million dollars[/Dr. Evil] please.

hahah! you reckon 3/4 the price would have them snapped up pretty quickly????

Get $75 FREE to use at PartyPoker.com! Simply go to www.partystakers.com?bonus=2426 and use the code PPF75 in the referred by field when prompted and use APEX75 in the bonus code box :) Your credit/debit card details are not required whatsoever if you think it's a bit dodgy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Just be careful and think, does anyone from my course know of, and use, the SU bookshop?

A handy service in theory but might not suit your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

humbert wrote:

You could forge einsteins signature and say It was signed by the man himself? Im sure some little first year would fall for that and pay a ridiculous price for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

rofl.great post.:D :D

you should try to sell it to your junior next year or try some luck on ebay/amazon:D

good luck

Advertisement