Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pub closing times

• 15-04-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

anyone able to help me,im looking for somewhere on the we b that states official pub and n/clunb closing times for ireland cant seem to find anything anywhere ? thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

It depends on the place.
    Pubs without a late licence:
    Monday- Thursday 11:30pm
    Friday, Saturday 12:30am
    Sundays 11pm

On Bank holidays, Sunday becomes a Saturday and pubs serve until 12:30.

Pubs with a late licence serve til 2:30 for which ever nights they have the licence for i.e: Thurs, Fri, Sat.

Very few pubs in Dublin have late licence on Sundays, I believe there are only 3 or 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Am I right in saying that Sunday opening times get extended by half an hour in the summer months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

ateam wrote:
    Am I right in saying that Sunday opening times get extended by half an hour in the summer months?

Nope, that ain't the case. Sunday closing is 11pm all year round, unless, as previously stated, it's before a bank holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

Its 12:30 closing on the eve of a bank holiday..... i.e. on a bank holiday Monday, the pubs close at 12:30 on the Sunday night. Its 11:00 every other Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

sorry to bring up old threads and all that, are teh opening hours the same now in 2009?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Generally. Also it depends on where in the country you are, if there's an occassion/festival on locally then there may be late extensions granted to pubs e.g. here in Galway they do it for the Races and recently for the Volvo Ocean Race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

weeder wrote: »
    sorry to bring up old threads and all that, are teh opening hours the same now in 2009?

Ditto to this? Anyone know if these times stand in 2012??
    Specifically, the standard closing time the on the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Jesus Christ, we're had the same opening hours for years now, and people are still perplexed by them, my brother still can't get his head around it either

The latest you can POSSIBLY open is 0230
    Pubs close at 23 on Sundays, 2330 during the week, and 0030 on Fridays and Saturdays, Sin E!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

it blows my mind that people still dont know this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, we're had the same opening hours for years now, and people are still perplexed by them, my brother still can't get his head around it either

Pubs close at 23 on Sundays, 2330 during the week, and 0030 on Fridays and Saturdays, Sin E!!!!

The latest you can LEGALLY open is 0230
    Pubs are supposed to close at 23 on Sundays, 2330 during the week, and 0030 on Fridays and Saturdays, Sin E (Kinda)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What about 'supping up' time :pac:

I was asking specifically about Bank Holiday Sundays.

(I dont know, and that is why Im asking!! Kinda the idea behind this site)!!!

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I was asking specifically about Bank Holiday Sundays.

(I dont know, and that is why Im asking!! Kinda the idea behind this site)!!!

Yes they can open till 0030. Come on get your act together!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Ah shur give us one for the road there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

FatherLen wrote: »
    it blows my mind that people still dont know this

Some people don't go to the pub often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Lock-ins ftw!

Yes they can open till 0030. Come on get your act together!!!

Dont worry, you'll find me out drinking til all hours on a bank holiday sunday....just not in a bar!!! why would i be wasting my time with last orders, when u get into a club free if u leave before closing :pac:

tnx for the info!!!

marcus2000 wrote: »
    Dont worry, you'll find me out drinking til all hours on a bank holiday sunday....just not in a bar!!! why would i be wasting my time with last orders, when u get into a club free if u leave before closing :pac:

tnx for the info!!!

well till 0230 at the latest, legally anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭blackwave

Quick question how does Copper Faced Jacks manage to stay open so late so if the latest closing time is 2.30? they seem to be able to stay open a lot longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Old thread. Answered. Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement