Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card basics

Options
  • 15-04-2007 9:00pm

I have a few simple and basic questions on credit cards. I've never had one and usually make a few small purchases on the internet with 3V/Wirecard. It would be handy to have one to replace these however. Questions:

1) I'm unemployed. Does this make me a non-starter? I have a current account with the Ulster Bank and an account with a credit union. The obvious way I was going to get one was from the Ulster Bank. What are the criteria for getting a card?

2) As long as you pay the balance on your purchases every month are you charged nothing more than an annual fee for the card? If not what other fees do you pay?

Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

As long as you pay the balance on your purchases every month are you charged nothing more than an annual fee for the card? If not what other fees do you pay?

If you clear your balance in full every month, your basic cost for the credit card is
    • €40 Govt Stamp Duty
    • Any maintaince fee the issuers charges (Some do, most don't)

€40 !! lol!! I was thinking it would be like an ATM card and be €5 or something like that. Looks like I'll be sticking with 3V/Wirecard.

Advertisement