Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CWC Day 35 Thread - Australia V Sri Lanka

• 16-04-2007 4:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Dead rubber or dress rehearsal for the final?

It won't be played like a dead rubber, thats for sure!

There are so many things to watch out for in this game. Tait v the SL top order, a stern test for the Aussies. Hussey needing runs....

If I were SL, I'd keep Malinga on hold this match. Don't expose your newest and best weapon to the Aussies before the final (if they get there). The Aussies have not faced him before.

Sri Lanka won't have exposure to the pacey wicket in Barbados if they get to the final, Australia will have experience of it already. This match is being played in Grenada, and is nowhere as quick as Barbados.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Updates here later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It’s a fascinating game, Sri Lanka as well as being great in the field has so much variety in the bowling department, and I just can’t see anyone posting more than 250-275 runs against them. Australia have won all their games but they have being lucky, South Africa were smashing them all over the place until an astonishing throw dismissed Abi and Smith had to retire injured and bless Kallis came in and played a horrible innings. England as well were cruising until they suffered their usual collapse sure some might say “well that’s due to Australia consistently putting them under pressure?” I disagree it was due to some awful shot selection. Put them under pressure!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

looking forward to this match,i think the aussies will just shade it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No Vaas and no Murali. Very tough for lanka and there batting first. They'll need 300 odd to have a chance

26-1(4.3)

27-2

great start for the aussies

• Advertisement

27-3 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

183-7 Sri Lanka in big trouble here.They need tome big hitting because they dont have their three best bowlers,they must be saving themselves for Ireland?:D

australia need 227 to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2 wickets in the last few mins leave Australia at

81-2 (14ovs)

Advertisement