Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short Term Investment???

• 16-04-2007 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

I am saving to go travelling and plan to go in June next year.

At the moment I have €1500 sitting in my savings acc, will also be getting another €1500 in Oct and €3000 in Dec, other than that I will sell my car before I go.

I hate to have the money just sitting there doing nothing but also realise it is a relatively short period of time.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I could make it work for me?

Would it be worth my setting up an online account and investing in shares?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Stick it in RaboDirect. 5% per annum.

Shares - you could lose it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Inflation is running at 5.1%.

But Rabo or something like it is probably the best that you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dandan

im not messing when i say (and as a liverpool fan it kills me to say) put it all on man u to win the league. its a 99percent deadcert band youll only get about 1 to 2 odds but for 3k you will get back 4.5k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

dandan wrote:
    im not messing when i say (and as a liverpool fan it kills me to say) put it all on man u to win the league. its a 99percent deadcert band youll only get about 1 to 2 odds but for 3k you will get back 4.5k

if it was a 99 percent deadcert the odds offered would be 1/150

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SteadyEddie

I would maybe stick it in a Rabo investment fund - more stability than a single share, and greater potential funds than a current account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement