Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plassey 10K

Options
  • 16-04-2007 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anyone take part in this year's 10K?

I thought the route, while pretty similar to last year seemed somewhat longer. I thought last year's race looped back at the roundabout prior to Vistakon where as this year's race looped back at the roundabout past Vistakon, joining the Dublin Road. The rest of the route was pretty much the same - this leaves me wondering if this year's route was too long or the route last year was less than 10K?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

I did it too. It was my first 10K so I don't know whether it was longer or shorter.

Good fun too and a cracking day. T-shirts are very tight fitting though. I'll have to do a few more 10k's to fit into it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Without wanting to sound like either a running / tech geek or a show off I wore my Garmin GPS on the race and it clocked 6.18 miles (or 9.94 KMs). Looks like I might have cut a 6m corner somewhere!

I thought the race itself was well organised apart from teh out and back on teh Northbank. On the return leg the faster runners were running into the slower runners and at the end of the bridge had to cut across in front of them. A couple of cones and some tape to segregate "In" and "Out" sides of teh road would have fixed it. Apart from that it wasn't bad (but it was my first 10K so what do I know!)

By the way does anyone know where you can get the results from? I have emailed but no reply.

Advertisement