Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student - Interview

Options
  • 16-04-2007 10:57am

What do they want to know? What are they going to ask and what will determine whether you get into the course or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ainemolloy1

It depends on the course. If you have been asked in to an interview in a course that is in demand generally, then your half way there. They are checking you out to see if you have thought this through properly and whether you are generally interested in the course. So you need to research the course and make them aware of this in the interview. And how this interests or applies to you. Also related expierence is a help but not a handicap if you are without it. I know a fellow mature student who previously had been working as a factory worker on a basic production line, and is now studying economics, and doing well I believe! Making it known about how you plan to finance your stay in college is a plus too. Not neccessarily if your parents are going to do it for you, but if you are independent and have been making plans for the last couple years this sounds like you are serious. Lots of mature' drop out coz of this.
    That's about it, research the course and practice a few questions before you go in. Make an effort in the clothing depatment as well. Not wanting to scare you but the interviewers decision is pretty much final, also don't worry if you are nervous or give rubbish interviews normally, these things are generally unimportant, for this kind of interview, take my advice and you'll be alright.
    Good Luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

As above and show a keen knowledge of the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My 'interview' was just a meet and shake hands, take a peek around the campus and write an essay on something I knew nothing about to check I could handle writing at a university level. Still not sure how waffling about something I knew nothing about did that, but I got in :D

Advertisement