Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave wireless router

Options
  • 16-04-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

does anyone know of a good wireless router for Ripwave? also an good sites to buy em!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I reccommend linksys wrt54g. I use one with breeze(similar really to ripwave). komplett.ie sell them for 59euro. netgear isn't bad either.

Remeber you are looking for a BROADBAND router, NOT adsl. Many people mistakenly get the wrong one, WAN port must be RJ45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joeyjoeie

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

humaxf1 wrote:
    I reccommend linksys wrt54g. I use one with breeze(similar really to ripwave). komplett.ie sell them for 59euro. netgear isn't bad either.

Remeber you are looking for a BROADBAND router, NOT adsl. Many people mistakenly get the wrong one, WAN port must be RJ45.
    I second that router. Works very well and stays very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

How do u go about connecting the router to the ripwave box? Does the box still have to be connected to a pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

I have Ripwave Irish broadband, but I have not been able to get it to work with my Netgear wireless router. There seems to be interference on all the channels. I originally intended to place the Ripwave modem up high, but the signal is just as good on the first floor of my apartment, facing out the window.

Edit: The modem should plug into the router via Lan cable, and connect wirelessly to your PC. You will need to provide power to both the modem and router.

I believe Breaze is outside the house, and does not suffer from the same interference as Ripwave does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Connection between a wireless router and ripwave unit is straight forward...all going well.

Connect the supplied ripwave network cable between the wireless router WAN socket and the socket on the ripwave unit.

Power the ripwave on for a few moments to acquire a signal, then power the wireless router on and again wait a few moments for it acquire an IP from the ripwave (provided the WAN port is set to automatic IP...it usually is).

Then, connect a network cable between your laptop/PC and a LAN socket on the router. You will have to access the "homepage" of the router to turn on/configure the wireless.

Jamieh, the idea of the router is so you can use more than 1 PC/laptop with your ripwave internet. It acts a middle-man to share the internet. All PCs/network devices connect into the router, rather than having to plug and unplug into the ripwave.

Offalycool...Breeze is indeed an outdoor fixed wireless unit which clamps onto an aerial pole on your roof/side of your house. It works on the same principal of ripwave, but is alot better.

Advertisement