Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trading PS2 Console for 360 games?

• 16-04-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not living in Ireland so I'm not familiar with what offers are available. My PS2 is just sitting there now and not getting much game time so I'm thinking of getting rid of it. I'll be back over next month and I'd like to trade it in. Any stores in Ireland do a trade for the console with a bunch of PS1 and PS2 games for some 360 games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm fairly sure you can trade in a PS2 and games for credit against whatever you want in-store. GAME and Gamestop will take the console, I don't know if Smyths or Xtravision will. The 4 will take the games.

I think Xtravision have some deal on at the moment when you get 20% more on games traded in, though I don't know if it's limited to trading in 360 games or not.

You might have trouble trading in PS1 games, I've not noticed them in any shops recently (though I've not been looking out for them...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'm fairly sure you can trade in a PS2 and games for credit against whatever you want in-store. GAME and Gamestop will take the console, I don't know if Smyths or Xtravision will. The 4 will take the games.

I think Xtravision have some deal on at the moment when you get 20% more on games traded in, though I don't know if it's limited to trading in 360 games or not.

You might have trouble trading in PS1 games, I've not noticed them in any shops recently (though I've not been looking out for them...)
    I'd be fairly sure that you're not going to get much (if anything) for PS1 games.

If you had a PS2 + 4 Games then GameStop used to have an offer of €199 for an XBOX 360 Premium, or €99 for a core system.

Not sure if that's still running. If you have a heap of PS2 games you want to get rid of, they may knock the price down further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GAME dont take PS1 games back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Thanks, I'll give Game or Gamestop a visit when I'm back. Any idea if I'd get much for a PS2 console and 4 games, would it even cover the price of a new 360 game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

At the moment the fat PS2 is 45 and the slimline one is worth 75 in GAME. Games change all the time so it's no point giving ya a price now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement