Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some forums are very slow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Alun wrote:
    The current culprit appears to be 89.234.66.106. No idea what it is since it doesn't appear to have a reverse DNS lookup, which is another reason to block it IMO.

Thanks Alun - that done the job

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Another thanks Alun. Flying now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Another ++ for adblock. Flying along here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can anything be done for those of us stuck with IE? And I'm not using my own PC so please don't say install Firefox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is there a way to whitelist boards.ie as a whole on adblock but still block specific elements? Like I don't want to block all ads but I'd like to block troublesome ones, and there's also a few signatures around that are within sig rules but that I'd still like to block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stark wrote:
    Is there a way to whitelist boards.ie as a whole on adblock but still block specific elements? Like I don't want to block all ads but I'd like to block troublesome ones, and there's also a few signatures around that are within sig rules but that I'd still like to block.
    No need to whitelist boards.ie, just click on the adblock thingy in the status bar and selectively blacklist all the entries that look like ads. It's usually best to remove any trailing crap off the url's, and just replace it with a wildcard (*) that way you'll block everything from that site.

My adblock plus comes with a pre-populated list of ads. Before I had boards.ie whitelisted, it was automatically blocking all the "good" ads from the top of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is mad I'm waiting days for a thread to form (using Opera) I may or may not be able to read any replies. :( Oddly the front page is fine.

Fix it Admins whatever it is.

What ad is causing grief? I have an adblocker built into my firewall so I need a name on the ad to er add it to my list.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

is anyone having the pronlem of the top nav bar loading ok but the rest of the page doesnt bother??

I wouldn't go signing up for any quick-draw shooting tournaments if I were you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Three cheers for adblock \o/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fixed. Sorry about that. The adserver needs a kick in the googles.... :)

DeV.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

DeVore wrote:
    Fixed. Sorry about that. The adserver needs a kick in the googles.... :)

DeV.
    I lolled.

People stared. ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stark wrote:
    My adblock plus comes with a pre-populated list of ads. Before I had boards.ie whitelisted, it was automatically blocking all the "good" ads from the top of the page.
    A "good" ad is an oxymoron.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Not if it's an ad for a boards beer. Beer: goood. Hangovers: baaaad.

Alun wrote:
    A "good" ad is an oxymoron

What about the ads that help contribute to boards.ie's upkeep? I've heard the revenue isn't much, but it's better than nothing and most of the ads are non-obtrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Stark wrote:
    What about the ads that help contribute to boards.ie's upkeep? I've heard the revenue isn't much, but it's better than nothing and most of the ads are non-obtrusive.

Ah but you subscribe you can enjoy ad free boards and not feel bad about the loss of revenue tbh. :)

Advertisement