Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help!! 1995 Honda civic 5 door h/b rear light

Options
  • 16-04-2007 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Tying to get a rear light (passenger side) for a 1995 civic 5 door hatchback.
    I'vre tried six breakers yards including Traynors and no luck!
    Even tried Mickgarage.ie to no evail.
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Try eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

urranger wrote:
    Tying to get a rear light (passenger side) for a 1995 civic 5 door hatchback.
    I'vre tried six breakers yards including Traynors and no luck!
    Even tried Mickgarage.ie to no evail.
    Can anyone help?

Give eBay a try.

Failing that you may have to go down the road of a new part from a main dealer.

Edit: Anan1 beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭urranger

Could not get one anywhere (apart from the honda main dealer!) but while in one shop found coloured tape especially for tail lights. Its available in red orange and white. As the damage is only a small hole about 2 cm in diameter, the tape covers this perfectly. Do you think this will go down in the NCT test?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MAYOMICK

urranger wrote:
    Could not get one anywhere (apart from the honda main dealer!) but while in one shop found coloured tape especially for tail lights. Its available in red orange and white. As the damage is only a small hole about 2 cm in diameter, the tape covers this perfectly. Do you think this will go down in the NCT test?
    It should be OK with tape.I had a Carina for years with tape on rear lights and it always passed NCT

urranger wrote:
    Could not get one anywhere (apart from the honda main dealer!)
    I just had a look on eBay, there are loads there, starting at £1.99 + p&p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭urranger

Anan1 wrote:
    I just had a look on eBay, there are loads there, starting at £1.99 + p&p.

But are they the 5 door hatchback 1.4i (UK version)?

urranger wrote:
    But are they the 5 door hatchback 1.4i (UK version)?
    I thought you said yours was a 5 door hatchback too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

$1.99 sounds like a spurious part tbh and is defo not genuine Honda.

To answer your question, yes I can get you the part for your car and have it fitted too.

Are you Dublin based?

layke wrote:
    $1.99 sounds like a spurious part tbh and is defo not genuine Honda.

To answer your question, yes I can get you the part for your car and have it fitted too.

Are you Dublin based?
    Honda rear lenses are dirt cheap, as there are so many left over from kids replacing them with "Lexus" rear lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anan1 wrote:
    Honda rear lenses are dirt cheap, as there are so many left over from kids replacing them with "Lexus" rear lights.

Not too many of the 1995 UK built 5 door hatchback though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

a small crack of hole usually gets a blob of clear silicone the evenin before a test and trimmed the next mornin and has never failed for me!!

Advertisement