Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawal of SSAI Affiliation

Options
  • 16-04-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

from the LRRAI, sent round by email today:
    To all LRRAI members

On 19/04/2007 the SSAI withdrew affiliation from the Long Range Rifle Association of Ireland as a result of which we are no longer a National Governing Body within that organisation.

We are still in existence and will continue to organise shooting events.

We are offering all our members the opportunity to withdraw from membership of the LRRAI and receive a refund of membership fees. The reason for this is that some people may have joined because of our affiliation to the SSAI which no longer exists. Members choosing to accept this offer are invited to contact the Secretary or any committee member.
    Members who wish to remain with us will continue to receive notices of forthcoming shoots and also the results of a committee meeting which will be held within a week.

P.R.O.
    L.R.R.A.I.

Cal Ward
    Public Relations Officer
    Long Range Rifle Association of ireland

Comments

So who is the Fullbore body now? Or is there one?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

From what I've heard from the meeting where this all took place, the NRAI is now the fullbore NGB and the LRRAI never were affiliated in the first place o_p, they had a vote at the last SSAI AGM but were warned at the time that the meeting wasn't quorate and thus the vote was invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hillybilly

Sparks you are correct on both accounts .The NRAI are the govern body, and the LRRAI were never affiliated to the SSIA.The LRRAI were never the national govern body of full bore rifle .

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

So a committee meeting caries greater validity then even a non quorate agm:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭BOBTHESHOOTER

Sparks wrote:
    From what I've heard from the meeting where this all took place, the NRAI is now the fullbore NGB and the LRRAI never were affiliated in the first place o_p, they had a vote at the last SSAI AGM but were warned at the time that the meeting wasn't quorate and thus the vote was invalid.

Taking what you say on board, if the meeting was not quorate, then all decisions taken at the meeting would be invalid, correct me if I am mistaken, then where leaves the integrity of the AGM, would it not be unreasonable that the meeting be postponed till it was quorate!

If the decision was to disengage the LLRAI as a body due to the technical nature of the quorate situation, why have not all other decisions that were taken at the AGM been dissolved also!!! Is there a simple case of the intrepretation of the rules suiting a single agenda, god knows we will regret culling our own sport from within!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bob, you're talking to me like I was a member of the SSAI committee.
    Am I alone in recognising the irony in that assumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Taking what you say on board, if the meeting was not quorate, then all decisions taken at the meeting would be invalid, correct me if I am mistaken, then where leaves the integrity of the AGM, would it not be unreasonable that the meeting be postponed till it was quorate!

If the decision was to disengage the LLRAI as a body due to the technical nature of the quorate situation, why have not all other decisions that were taken at the AGM been dissolved also!!! Is there a simple case of the intrepretation of the rules suiting a single agenda, god knows we will regret culling our own sport from within!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds more like it BOB

Advertisement