Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

256 colour images

Options
  • 16-04-2007 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Howdy all. Im programming a game for the Nintendo DS at the minute and I just finished photoshopping a nice splash screen the only problem is I have to make the image to be 256 colours or the DS can't use it. I'm quite competent at photoshop but no expert, so if anyone has a way to convert the image even if its in a different application please post asap.

Cheers,
    WOOF!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Go to Image/Mode/Index Colour, it should have 256 colours in the "Colours" field by default

Does the DS use its own 256 colour palette? If you use a palette based on the colours in your image you could get a load of crazy colours when you run it on the DS (but only if the DS uses its own palette - if it can handle unique 256 colour palettes, you should be alright)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Woof!

Worked perfect, danke sin!

Advertisement