Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nail in my tyre - Tyre guy was excellent!

Options
  • 16-04-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I normally rant online when I get bad service, so today when I got some excellent service I am going to let it be known.

I saw a nail stuck in one of my rear tyres this morning. I got a new set of tyres two weeks ago (at €260 per tyre), and thought I was going to be seriously out of pocket again.

I pulled into a tyre place on the Walkinstown Roundabout (Roundabout Tyre Centre) and they were excellent.

The guy who was working there came over to me straight away and had a look at the tyre. He was able to pull the nail out without having to remove the wheel from the car. He then checked to make sure there wasnt a puncture and I was on my way. I tried to pay him, but he wouldn't allow me.

I know it is a small thing, but I will definitely go back to him when I need any wheels work done again, or need new tyres.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

That's unbelieveable! Normally when I go to get tyres with a wad of cash in my hand I am totally ignored while they work on someone elses car and then eventually when they come over and grunt I tell them I want tyres and they look at me like I've 2 heads and they ever only sell bananas. the worst customer service ever is to be found in these tyre places. Fair play to Roundabout Tyre Centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

prospect wrote:
    Hmmmmmm

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Doesn't seem exceptional service to me. :confused:
    It's just the norm around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sounds like someone works for roundabout tyre centre.....

• Advertisement

It is definitely different to what I have experienced in the past. A few months ago I attempted to get my tracking checked on my car. I had to go to four different places, because they just didn't want my business.

Spogpean wrote:
    sounds like someone works for roundabout tyre centre.....

Eh... No.

Are you not allowed to post something positive when someone provides a good level of service? If they provided me a level of service which I felt was way below par then I would also have posted that.

For the record, I have absolutely no involvement with Roundabout Tyre Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I used to use Roundabout Tyre Centre years ago, as did my Dad for years too. I always found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yep, and theyre one of the few places that will fit tires you havent necessarily bought off them (internet ftw)

Id recommend them also

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

If you look after the small jobs then you should benefit by getting the big jobs in the future. Randomer now knows that that tyre centre is a honest place and is happy spend money there in the future. Good to see a positive post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

randomer wrote:
    Are you not allowed to post something positive when someone provides a good level of service?

Of course you are allowed! Thanks for posting. I had a slow puncture recently. The guy in Cherry Orchard Tyres discovered there was no puncture, just a dent on the inside of the alloy :eek:

He hammered it straight (the whole process taking about 10-15 mins) and he did not want to know about charging me for it
    prospect wrote:
    Hmmmmmm

Benefit of the doubt, prospect? ;)

credit where credit is due, it's nice to hear about the positive rather than just the negative.

Had a puncture myself today (yesterday) place in Athlone repaired it, service OK just a good thing I wasn't in a hurry. (no name, no praise!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

"The guy who was working there came over to me straight away" mmm, I have a sneaking suspicion that randomer is a 6 foot blond bombshell or has a nice car!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Not to charge you was nice, and a great way to build up rep. As you can see it has already worked, as you are posting here :)

macnab wrote:
    "The guy who was working there came over to me straight away" mmm, I have a sneaking suspicion that randomer is a 6 foot blond bombshell or has a nice car!

Definitely not the blond bombshell, but the car is nice!!! :D

Advertisement