Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB or Digiweb

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are three kinds of phone alarms I have looked at.
    1) Uses phone numbers and pre/user recorded msg. Will work
    2) Dials specific number and uses DTMF codes. Will work
    3) Uses a regular modem. May call Internet or a direct server. Should work.

I can't make any assertions about specific products. It should work with anything, though you may have to cut the outer two wires or fit 2 wire adaptor cable on anything also sold into the UK market as their phone system is different. This is not often noticed (apart from no ringing on incomming calls) connecting gear for UK market direct to phone line, but you see this compatibility issue with Faxes on PABX systems all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Just tell them it is like a PABX, but you don't have to dail a number for an outside line.

(It *ISN'T a PABX :) but the modem phone sockets are a little like PABX phone inlets).

You do though currently have to prefix the local numbers with the local area code. I have no idea why, or if this will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DVDMAN

Only go with Irishbroadband if your getting DSL with them, the service is very good.
    Irishbroadbands wireless is in my view, last resort only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Speeds from Irish Broadband 2Mb wireless:

120440059.png

Advertisement