Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C'est Ca!

Options
  • 16-04-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

Well its all over for me now (well the oral bit). I'm apres the oral, which was surprisingly easy. Surprised that my examiners first question was 'where do you live'.....hmmmm we seem forgot my name/family etc a large whack of work that I had done I thought. Nonetheless it went pretty good (A mon avis) and I'm glad to have it over.

One tip for anyone yet to do it: As we say in the country plough/bate on into it if they give you the chance and throw in stuff that you have loads prepped on e.g. if she asks you what facilities there are in your area say something like..theres shops etc and football pitches, I love the pitches because I am very sporting etc if you happen to have loads prepped on sport.

Anyway, c'est ca.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Ditto man , french is gone and dusted for me too , shame really I was starting to develop a certain affinity with it . At least the hard parts is over because the written is meant to be a breeze after this sort of thing.

We had a nice female examiner who was very kind and helpful and would nearly put all the words in your mouth with her questions . I was the 7th person up and I was the first to get asked and abstract so hopefully that can only indicate good things. Got a wee bit of talk from the document too and I even manage the odd laugh here and there.

But for those of you who haven't done it yet , I know it is little consolation and I'm sure yous are all sick of this sorta talk but once you get in an settled it all falls together nicely and trust me careful preparation is in no a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Je suis jaloux...

I've my Irish this week, which I'm really NOT that interested in, mad to do my French but I gotta wait til next Friday!!!! aghhhh... It's gonna be SO good to be finished them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

md99 wrote:
    I've my Irish this week, which I'm really NOT that interested in, mad to do my French but I gotta wait til next Friday!!!

Total opposite pour moi. I had Irish today, which I thought went rather well. Dreading French next Friday. It's one of my favourite subjects, I just don't feel well about the oral. Our teacher is very intimidating and has scared the living daylights out of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

well i did my french oral 2day nd was really happy with it:). It flu by so quick,couldnt believe it when she said fini!! didnt have many hard questions!! did get asked on da disadvantages of computers!! i sorta brought that up when i said i liked to use my pc!!,,nd also got a strange one bout u2,,that they do alot of humanitarian work!! got a bit flustered there but just blabed on bout live aid nd live earth this summer,,stuff like that!!! all in all very happy,,,

didnt get asked bout my school or bout what i want to do next year!! nd did have a lot ready 4 those!! spent bout 5mins talkin bout my document which i was very pleased with!!:):):):) thank god its all over now!!! nd to ne one who has to still do it,,it will absolutely b grand,,im telling ya!! i just started revising last friday so,,if i can do ,,ne one can:)

Advertisement