Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP and My SQL Courses

Options
  • 16-04-2007 4:38pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any good php and my SQL courses i could do to get me up to scratch. I was hoping to do them online if possible as opposed to a classroom option. I had applied to do one in IACT but they are redoing their online courses apparently so the option is not available.

Any one know of any other options that would be similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

There's plenty of good books out there, aswell as online help. I wouldn't waste my money on a course tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Wrox books have a very good book for beginning its called 'Beginning PHP5, Apache, MySQL Web Development'.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

the problem with books is having to trawl through them, i would rather be doing modules online where you got some feedback and had a tutor etc to contact if needs be - hence the online course route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

This should do the trick for you then :)

Linky

Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

Ziycon wrote:
    Wrox books have a very good book for beginning its called 'Beginning PHP5, Apache, MySQL Web Development'.
    great book, great examples, plenty of demo files, if work this through this book doing each task one after another you no problem learning php mysql. when run into trouble google it

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

Thanks for the replies guys, i cant believe tho the lack of actual online courses in php where you get a tutor etc along the distance learning path offered by say Kilroys. There just doesnt seem to be any if many out there at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Follow the steps on the W3schools website and it will give you a great understanding of how they combine to work together.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Also feel free to ask questions on boards if stuck, you'll be suprised how quick you can pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Mysql run courses in Dublin but they are expensive. Check mysql.com for details.

Advertisement