Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The circus - not so cheap entertainment for all the family

• 16-04-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday my 3 year old nephew's father took him to the circus that's currently in Booterstown (Duffys?). My jaw literally dropped when I heard later what it had cost - €30 per adult and €25 per child. On top of that they charged €4 for a tub of popcorn, €3 for a small packet of jelly sweets and a whopping €8 for a polaroid picture of my nephew with a python around his neck. €70 for the two of them, and it would have topped the ton had my sister gone with them. They're lucky, they've only one kid, but what about families with 3 or 4 who decide to treat their kids? Whatever about the cost of the various extras, they are optional and you don't have to buy them, €25 for a child's ticket to see a few clowns and animals is an absolute disgrace. Could somebody please tell me why the government gives funding to these rip-off merchants?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

I went to one two years ago (behind the National Aquatic Centre) 'cos we had 'discount' vouchers. Although it was entertaining, the whole thing cost an absolute fortune and just wasn't worth it. They're preying on the families with loads of kids because they know damn well they're not gonna baulk at the door and they're gonna want drinks and sweets and other 'goodies' so they charge what they like. Obviously they need to charge something but what they do charge is disgraceful.

It is what it's.

Advertisement