Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTC+0, CTC+1 Russian Channels

• 16-04-2007 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have been asked to find these channels. They have appered to vanish off Express 53E AM22 some time ago.

Does any body know where I can find them.

I think also MUZ love music was on the same transponder.

I am only picking UTR and NTN on 53E now. every other satellite works as normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They might be on a Satellite too far east for Ireland.

search lyngsat , satcodx and king of sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

CTC/STS and Muz changed their symbol rate a while back. So you'll need to add the new TP parameters manually:
    11044, V, 44951, 3/4
    http://www.lyngsat.com/eam22.html

Note that some receivers are unable to handle such a high symbol rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Phester

I have done blind scan. Put in the transponder manually. It will take the symbol rate as an input. But still finds no channels.
    As I said only UTR and NTN are now found on this satellite. They had CTC about 6 months ago before they moved to a different transponder.

I think the receiver is a technomate. 1 meter motor dish. no other problems with russian georgian (turksat) or english channels (astra)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Technomate can't take the insane SR then, clearly.

I have one model of receiver that can handle this SR and another that can't. It's a matter of luck. Skystar2 is also OK.

You could try entering the channel details directly (CTC+0: VPID42, APID 44, PCR PID 42) or else try a firmware update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Phester

If the receiver allows you to enter the SR rate at 44951 does it not mean that the receiver supports that signal rate. Or is it hit and miss with some receivers?

Phester wrote:
    If the receiver allows you to enter the SR rate at 44951 does it not mean that the receiver supports that signal rate.
    No.
    Or is it hit and miss with some receivers?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭localchap

Express AM22 53east works no problem even on 90cm offset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Phester wrote:
    If the receiver allows you to enter the SR rate at 44951 does it not mean that the receiver supports that signal rate. Or is it hit and miss with some receivers?
    My Technomate 1000D claims to handle symbol rates up to 45000 so it should be able to receive these channels. I'll try later today and let you know if I have any success.

~Paul.

I tried this afternoon and failed to get any channels on 53 East. My dish appears to be able to steer that far east, but no joy :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭localchap

pbirney wrote:
    I tried this afternoon and failed to get any channels on 53 East. My dish appears to be able to steer that far east, but no joy :confused:
    even if your reciever claimed to support up to 45000 SR it doesn't mean it does.Very often manufacturers exagurate technical specs to push up sales. Now, whats your dish size and location???In my location, North East, I tried with 90cm offset, no problem.Try to play up with dish vertical angle. From wha I remember, it should be about -5 degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Phester wrote:
    I have done blind scan. Put in the transponder manually. It will take the symbol rate as an input. But still finds no channels.
    As I said only UTR and NTN are now found on this satellite. They had CTC about 6 months ago before they moved to a different transponder.

I think the receiver is a technomate. 1 meter motor dish. no other problems with russian georgian (turksat) or english channels (astra)
    No problems in Wicklow picking up CTC+0 on 11043V SR 44951 FEC 3/4 on a Manhattan Plaza 250, with 1.1m dish on Moteck motor. Had to recently re-align the declination setting on the dish, due to slippage in windy weather, though. At these extremes of the arc the dish may not be tracking correctly, so you may need to tweak the azimuth and declination.

localchap wrote:
    even if your reciever claimed to support up to 45000 SR it doesn't mean it does.Very often manufacturers exagurate technical specs to push up sales. Now, whats your dish size and location???In my location, North East, I tried with 90cm offset, no problem.Try to play up with dish vertical angle. From wha I remember, it should be about -5 degree.
    I am in west Dublin and I'm using a 1.1m dish with 0.2db LNB. I can get most satellites between 58W & 45E. I doubt if its anything to do with my receiver not being able to support the high symbol rate as I am not getting any transponder on 53E. I think its more likely that my dish is slightly out of alignment. I doubt if a manufacturer such as Technomate would engage in exagerating the specs of the receiver.

~Paul.

Advertisement