Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3; mad phone bill

• 16-04-2007 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

right, 3 have gone off the rails again and are looking for over 1,500e for my mobile 3000 bill.........

wouldnt mind but no idea where they got the figures and you cant have a conversation with indians. havent a notion them.

here is a letter i emailed them

i am complaining about the disgraceful service and billing i am getting from my data card 3000.

when i signed up for a data card in february i exceeded the monthly quota, because 3 did not update my usage fast enough.

i use a mobile phone to connect to the laptop as the data card provided in obsolete, no new laptops have a pcmcia slot.

i was told that the bill i incurred in february will be waived.

now i am told to pay a bill of 1,516e for my next bill????

i regularly check my remaining allocation and my current spending on the my 3 service.

in march i was told on 'my3' i had approx 2gig bytes remaining this month, and also a current spending of 2euro.

a few days later the remaining bytes was still around 2 gigabytes but the current spending went from 2e to over 1,500e.?

if you cant control or monitor my usage properly i will have to cancel my account.

if this issue is not resolved in a week i will just send my n73 and a obsolete data card back to 3 hq.

ps: how come in austria the monthly quota is TEN times what irish people get........?
    and we still have no usb modem.
    total joke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Dispute it with their irish customer service team in Dublin. If you email customer.services.ie@3mail.com

The reason the Austrians have it better is that Ireland's communications market is regulated by a small kitten. Oddly enough, most other countries opted for an actual regulator!

That's completely crazy stuff.

If they don't play ball - get on to Joe Duffy and slate them all over the airwaves. They've very few customers and experiences like that are not going to do them a lot of good.

Also, it's not the fact that the customer service people are indian, it's the fact that they're clueless about 3's Irish operation that annoys me. I have been quoted UK facts and figures on calls to their call centres on numerous occasions.

A bit of locally focused customer care, particularly for billing, would go a LONG way towards improving things.

Leave the contracted out call centre staff there to deal with more mundane and less controvertial stuff!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Solair wrote:
    The reason the Austrians have it better is that Ireland's communications market is regulated by a small kitten.

There's a reason for this, Kittens are very cheap to employee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^ I was thinking more along the lines of kittens just sit around and play all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i emailed 3 hq now,really pissed off with this crowd now.

no usb modem, cant properly monitor data usage, so many issues. not to mention 3 gigs of data, which is sfa.

im giving them a week, else i am shoving all my 3 stuff into a jiffy bag and back to the hq, going to cancel my bank account also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think you would have reasonable grounds to terminate the contract and tell them to go take a hike.

A bill that size is insanity for a mobile phone service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'm still on Vodafone Unlimited Data, pity it isn't offered anymore. Doesn't matter if I download 1GB or 30GB, I will always get billed €48.99. And at the time I paid €0 for the data card.

3 Ireland are a joke. They're supposed to be the new entrant, but instead they're letting Vodafone steal their thunder. And I say that as someone who isn't a big fan of Vodafone, I feel like a traitor for using them.

Edit: I just got off the phone with 3. They still haven't refunded me for my handset that I returned because they could not get the mobile broadband add-on working. This time they promised me a refund within 48 hours.

Advertisement