Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me connect to my modem please.

Options
  • 16-04-2007 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a NTL modem that I connect to with my Laptop.
    I have been given a p.c. and I am trying to connect to the net with the p.c. but I cannot access the web at all.
    I see that I am connected and I have pinged and got excellent results but still cannot browse the web.
    Has anyone ideas on what to do next ?

Thank you and sorry ofr the lame question.

Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭koloughlin

If you are really connected and the browser isn't working one possibility is that you have a proxy configured in the browser. Depending on which browser you use the process to check that is different, but you should be able to find how to do it using google if you don't already know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Do an 'ipconfig /all' from a command prompt and check that the pc is getting the same DNS & gateway as the laptop. If they are different you need to reconfigure the pc nic parameters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thank you all.
    Works fine now.

Advertisement