Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did paddypower pull a fast one?.

Options
  • 16-04-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

my mum had mckelvey backed 5 euros ew at 20/1,and as you know he came in second.
    so she went in to the bookies today and handed in her bet slip and the woman handed her out a measely 30 euros,now this is,nt right i,m nearly sure of it.

so i went on paddypowers site and used the online calculator and calculated a single ew 1/2 placed 5 euro ew and it comes up as 55 euros to collect.

if i am right is there any way or anything i can do to get the correct amount due?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It should be 30 :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the Grand national would of been 1/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

€30 is the right payout. 1/4 the odds for a place. 20/4 * €5 = €25 + €5 stake = €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

ok lads thanks for the confirmation on the due amount,i find it amazing that a 5 euro ew bet on a 20/1 horse that comes second only pays out 30 euros,well 20 euros and your 10 back.each way is only a total farse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Hi hawker 27,

The bet of 10 euro was 5 euro to win and 5 euro to be placed.

The horse didn't win so your ma lost the first 5 euro.

The payout was 25 euro(Placed) + 5 euro(bet)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Eh I'd hardly say each way betting is a total farse?

You mother got a 3/1 return on a horse that didn't win. Not bad im my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Well done to your Mam, we all know Mammys' never lose! Maybe next year she'll get the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If it had of won you would of got €135 back.
    I think you were confusing the E/W bet with a place bet.
    If you put the whol tenner on place, you would of gotten more than 30, but no extra for winning

Advertisement