Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lockdown (Spoiler)

• 16-04-2007 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

First of all it was great to see TNA back in a larg arena. I hope TNA can start doing all there PPV in bigger Venues. The crowd were realy into all the matchs with a couple of exceptions which Ill come to later

X-scape Match for the X Division Tital
    Jay Leathal V Alex Shelly V Sonja Dutt V Shark Boy V Chris Sabin
    I didnt agree with the way this one was booked. By right Sabin should have dropped to Lynn at destination X, making this match a no.1 contenders match and Lynn V Daniels for the strap. That being said this was still an excellent match dispite the questionable antics of Jay Leathal

Robert Roode V Petey Williams
    A decent match, you gotta love Eiric Young

Gail Kim V Jackie Moore
    This was best womans match Ive ever seen. Straight off the bat both wemen were determinted not to let this one become a toilet break, with fighting outside the ring before the bell. The match finished with Kim climbing the cage to hit the cross body from the top

Senshi V Austin Starr
    Another excellent match from theese two. Its pitty the fued dosent seem to be going anywhere

James Storm V Chris - Harriss Blind Fold match
    This match suited the story line but it just didnt work. The two spent about 10 minutes playing blindmans bluff. The finish was good though with Strom taking avantage of the ref being kocked out, removing his blindfold and hiting the superkick and getting 3 count. It should have came alot quicker through

Christopher Daniels V Jerry Lynn
    A decent match from theese 2 as expected

LAX V Team 3D - Electrified Steelcage match
    The two teams did an OK job of selling the cage as being "electrified". A physical match with some good spots beside that. I dont think it deserves the slak its getting on the web today. The fire russo chants were understandable. I dont think it would have came off as convinsingly to the live audiance

Leathal Lockdown
    An excellent main event. It was built up through out the night with backstage segments showing what seem to be a mutany in team angle, after Angle decided to pick Jerrett as the 5th man. Who would have thought we'd ever see Scott do a frankinstiener again? Jerrett giving Sting the pin at the end leaves alot of unanswered questions for next thursdays Impact

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was a good event I thought but the gimmick matches were woefully bad. The blindfold match flopped and the electrified cage was a disaster. Hopefully TNA get the message - less gimmicks, more wrestling.

I really liked the main event especially AJ getting tossed off. I'm amazed he wasn't injured from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It was the first time I watched TNA for about but I was very impressed. The main event was much better than anything Wrestlemania had to offer ( bar money in the bank ) and Rhyno's gore through the cage door was fantastic.

On the other hand, Abyss is the biggest and ****test rip-off I've ever seen. Gillberg would kill him one on one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I thought the main event was excellent- better than any match at Wrestlemania. Whomever thought up the blindfold match needs their head examined. That match was never going to get the crowd involved. The X-Division match was fairly good too. Sabin and Shelly are really great wrestlers.
    The womens match was much better than i thought it would be. Senshi and Austin Starr put on a great match too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

It was good but could have been so much better if they had decent writers. The Xcape match should have been better, the whole Sabin/Shelley (see ROH!) thing was cool but I'd have preferred if it came down to those two at the end after they had a few mis-communications. Shelley is way more over than any Macho Man gimmick.
    Sorry but I hate Eric Young and cant watch anything involving him.
    I might watch the women's match later after the OP's comment but better than Trish/Mickey?
    Aries and Ki was grand again but Backlund should not have been there and kind of spoiled it.
    Jesus H Christ, why blindfolds? And why blindfolds that don't stay on? Russo, your an @sshole.
    Daniels and Lynn was grand, kinda same old same old. Daniels tried to get over as a heel for the whole match and a story never really unfolded.
    I enjoyed the tag match. At first I suspected the cage might actually be electrified after seeing Homicide put his hand on it and react naturally as if he had been shocked. Then after seeing the sparks and noise, I doubted my own sanity for my previous assumption. It was a great brawl though apart from the electric gimmick. It's about time LAX lost the belts as they are running out of steam. They have gone from being an exciting politically driven movement to being a stereotypical....er......stereotype. Konnan with a gun on Impact for example. OK it was a tazer but still. Hopefully Team 3D are stopgap champs.
    The main event was cool. Steiner knocked back the years with the Frankensteiner. AJ's bump was spectacular. The ending threw me off a bit. I was glad Jarrett did the right thing, as I would have given up on TNA there and then if he turned on Sting. I don't like Sting getting the title shot cos I can see him winning the belt, and that would suck. Angle won't be happy with Jarrett letting Sting win so I'll expect some kind of alteration to the title shot in the weeks to come.
    Overall, it was decent but there was a lot of sh*t too, I'll give it 6/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was better than last month's. I enjoyed it

I loved the Shelley/Sabin stuff in the first match, I was hoping there'd be some stuff between them. I'm not mad about Jay Lethal's new character, but some people seem to love it. I dunno

Bobby Roode had the best match I've seen from him in a while. He was so promising in Team Canada, but he hasn't really been doing as well anymore. I'd love to see him team up with James Storm, it'd make sense and get people interested in them both again. They've lost some steam I think

Nice women's match. I watched it back because I wasn't expecting too much, but it started turning out better than I thought it would. Is Christie still fighting for women to be respected in TNA? Gail and Jackie should have a word with her

Backlund hampered the Austin/Senshi match. Decent enough though

Less said about the blindfold thing the better

Daniels and Lynn did a good job. Nothing bad, but they're capable of greater things

This tag match was easily one of the better LAX-Team 3D matches. Pity they keep getting stuck with all these crap gimmicks. LAX have taken such a step backwards from last year

The main event was ok. Certain bits about it I didn't like. Abyss is another one who's taken a step backwards. He was really starting to show what he could do last year, but this year he's been crap for the most part. The ending of this match didn't make sense for me. After Angle threw AJ off the roof of the cage, he just stood there for 2 or 3 minutes. Then he looked as if he was angry when Sting got the pin. Why didn't he come down? I'm not sure if I followed Angle's interviews backstage well enough. He had two where he was calm, then he just started goin mad in his last one. Maybe I missed something

I didn't expect Sting to get the title shot. He's not going to be around much longer, he should be giving a rub to other guys I think. The rumours of a Sting vs Daniels feud really interest me. I don't know if Jarrett's won the fans over either

• Advertisement

The Wrestling Observer has reported that Austin Starr has been suspended for 90 days by TNA. No reason given yet. Strange..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: PWInsider.com

As we’ve previously reported, Austin Starr has been suspended for 90 days. Reports indicate the suspension was due to Starr’s bad attitude.

Starr upset management this past Sunday at Lockdown when he wore ROH shirt while representing TNA at their Fanfest. Then, this past Monday he was asked to shoot some promos and he was upset about having to do so, and the promos ended up being cancelled.

According to several superstars backstage, Starr isn’t the type to sit around and smile when he feels he’s upset on how he’s being treated. So Starr is very outspoken and honest when it comes to certain things, which resulted in his 90 day suspension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Strange move on TNA's part (gasp!). Agents were meant to be very pleased with his match with Senshi. It makes me wonder if they are going to bother pushing him anymore, considering when he was missing for 6 months a short while ago.

TNA seem set on using the gloriously named Motor City Machine Guns of Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin as a full time tag team. It does seem the best way of seeing gold around Shelley's waist, why they haven't even threatened giving him the X Division title is beyond me.

Shelley's one of the most over guy's in TNA I think. He's always being called the new Chris Jericho, he really should be in meaningful angles more often. I like Sabin and Shelley together, it would breathe new life into the tag division

Advertisement