Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerbils wanted

Options
  • 16-04-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy/ adopt some gerbils in the Dublin area. The DSPCA don't have any at the moment and I've looked in the local petshops and they either don't have any, or the gerbils looked sickly! I'd prefer 2 males, but would consider 3, or 2 females. I'll consider any colours/ types except the fattailed gerbil. So if you have pups, know of a breeder or reputable petstore with a decent selection, please reply.

I do have a home all ready for them, though am considering changing it to a tank with cage on top so if anyone knows where I could get one of those, let me know too please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I haven't seen any with the tank and cage on top but it's easy enough to make your own. I used a tank and then we made a timber frame with an aviary 1/4 inch mesh nailed to it and placed it over the tank it just slots in (if measured right). Cheaper than a large gerbil cage sometimes you can get tanks second hand for cheap as well.

Try jird rescue not sure if they have any at the moment but you never know just google jirdrescue I think it should come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Not in Dublin but I do have young uns that will be ready in a few weeks - not sure of sex yet but I can check for you when I clean them out tomorrow I tend to charge €10 per gerbil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Thanks, I will definitely keep you in mind if I am still looking in a few weeks!

BTW, have sourced a nice aquarium wujth a crack on the side, and the husband is making a wire mesh lid, so the gerbils will have a nice home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Just bumping this up as I have checked all the rescue organisations and none of them have gerbils. Anyone in Dublin looking for a good home for 2-3 gerbils (preferably male pups, but I am flexible), or know where I can buy some?

Advertisement