Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance charity cycle this summer

Options
  • 16-04-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Long time cycling forum lurker and occasional poster here. Just wanted to raise a bit of awareness about a charity cycle I’ll be doing this summer.

Starting on 27th May, myself and my best friend will be cycling around Ireland in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. Our challenge is to cycle around the whole coast of the country in 17 days and try to raise as much money for the charity as we can - details can be found at http://Cycle-around-Ireland.bebo.com.

Our route will basically be Dublin - Dundalk - Belfast - Derry - Donegal - Sligo - Castlebar - Galway - Limerick - Kilarney - Cork - Waterford - Wexford - Wicklow - Dublin. All in 17 days.

Everyone knows the effect cancer has on families throughout the country so we’re determined to complete the cycle and hand over a sizable sum to the Irish Cancer Society. Please feel free to read the website above more details are contained there.

I’d welcome any advice, questions and criticisms but overall just wanted to stick something up and get the idea out there.

Thanks for reading and happy spinning,
    Snapper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

im just back from a charity cycle myself last week malin to mizen in 5 days
    http://Malin2mizen.bebo.com

was a great experience

Snapper1 wrote:

link aint working mate (lol i see the problem was the bracket at the end)

our cycle was in aid of irish cancer society as well.

Hope it goes well for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Cheers Eagle, link fixed, rookie mistake! How much did you guys raise on the Malin to Mizen? what sorta numbers did you have on the ride?

we started the cycle on wednesday the 4th of april and finished on sunday the 8th of april. We had 55 cyclist for the week and about 10 more for the weekend.
    On the last day sunday we were cycling from cork to mizen head and we picked up some random cyclist just out for a ride who tagged along as well.
    I'd say we raised in the region of €100,000 not sure yet check presentation to the irish cancer society is some time in may so will have an exact figure then

Advertisement