Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML : Frames

Options
  • 16-04-2007 9:17pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of my wants me to copy the following website and relook it with his content instead (with the ok from the original owner/designer).

http://www.ledesk.com/panoramiques.php

Now he wants something fast and realizes that I know nothing about HTML but have played with Frontpage once or twice.

Now I don't need to do it in php but I need an easy way to manage something half decent. My question is if it would be possible to insert a frame into a webpage so that it would represent the grey box that you can seee in the panoramiques.php page.

When I use Frontpage to insert a frame it's either a header, footer or a combination of either.
    Anyway to get one in the center of the page?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You could use an iframe (google it) but really, why would you want to?

Avoid frames if you can.

If you're looking to simply seperate site-wide content (header, footer, menu) from the page content (main page, about page, etc.) have a look at php (or even HTML) includes instead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Errr,

No, I don't want headers, footers and such, just a "frame-like" window within the main page.

I have a few days to give it a go so php is kinda out.
    Frames will be just fine for this guy so thx for the heads up on iframe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No problem..

but what you want can (and should) still be done without frames.

Try something like this maybe :
    <div style="margin : auto; width : 800px; height : 90%; margin-top : 3%; overflow : auto; border : 1px solid black;">
    ALL CONTENT HERE
    </div>

Same effect as an iframe, and google will thank you for it.

Advertisement