Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuniq Tower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

€64.15 incl shipping on that site.
    €73.91 incl shipping on ocuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

papu wrote:

Why?

The tuniq and the ultra 120 will do a better job at idle and load.

Why?

The tuniq and the ultra 120 will do a better job at idle and load.

because
    1-it looks kool
    2-is on par if not better than tuniqs and the lot which cost moar
    3-will also cool my mosfet ram chipset and whole top 2/3s of my mobo which is nice to know
    4-well its nice to be different

http://www.hardwarelogic.com/news/62/ARTICLE/1355/1/2007-03-08.html

It does not mention anywher eon that site it cools better then a tuniq or a ultra 120. Anandtech has a review which shows the ultra 120 and the tuniq beating it by a few c in every test. But hey its your choice.

• Advertisement

tuniq is moar expensive , ive seen overclocked opterons 2.0-2.75 v-1.574 being passively cooled

i have a review of the geminii beating the ninja , zalman 9700 and the noctua
    and of one where the geminii is being beaten by the TT by 2 degrees

but this also cools mosfet, Ram, chipset , northbridge ect.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I take it your PC is jsut sitting on a desk, not in a case?

If its in a case, I hope its about the size of a Transit, good luck yo ya fitting that stupid thing in there.

Do you realise how big 2x120mm fans are side by side??

And yes, the Tuniq is a far better cooler.

The coolers you said it beats are coolers I would never recommend anyway. The Zalman 9700 for instance, is barely better than the 9500, despite being much bigger.

BTW, I'd love you to link to the source of an opteron at 2.75 wit 1.5V being passively cooled.

Wasnt by any chance near the north pole with a strong wind blowing, was it?

I take it your PC is jsut sitting on a desk, not in a case?

If its in a case, I hope its about the size of a Transit, good luck yo ya fitting that stupid thing in there.

Do you realise how big 2x120mm fans are side by side??

The coolers you said it beats are coolers I would never recommend anyway. The Zalman 9700 for instance, is barely better than the 9500, despite being much bigger.

BTW, I'd love you to link to the source of an opteron at 2.75 wit 1.5V being passively cooled.

Wasnt by any chance near the north pole with a strong wind blowing, was it?

Lol yeah, ive a opty 170 here @2.95ghz it needs the tuniq at full speed, and excellent case airflow to keep it under 60c.

No way can you passivly cool a opty with 1.5v. unless the heatsink is the size of a small truck. But if you can show me a link, it would make interesting reading.

Also i think this pic proves my point. It is a test with a p4 prescot at 3.6ghz with 1.4v

HeatsinkRoundupApril2007-jmke-16289.png

And this is the tuniq and the gemini against a load of other coolers. And as you can see the gemini really dosent do that well.

HeatsinkRoundupApril2007-jmke-16364.png

lol

Madshrimps didnt take to kindly to your thieving of their pictures!!!

Post a link (although I know I'e read it before) cheers

Originally Posted by Dublin_Gunner
    I take it your PC is just sitting on a desk, not in a case?

Do you realize how big 2x120mm fans are side by side??

Wasn't by any chance near the north pole with a strong wind blowing, was it?

Theres yar link http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/heatsinks/coolermaster/GeminII/Page3.asp
    Now, this is what I call pushing the limit. Even at 2.75GHz, the GeminII is adequately cooling my CPU without the use of fans. This is practically unheard of. It is getting a wee bit toasty right now though. The CPU still idles in the low 30s, however it maxes out at 59C. The PWM gets all the way up to 69C, and the chipset is steady at 39C. I would like to see any other heatsink even think about doing that!

my pc is sitting under my desk its a normal size case not a full tower and the geminii fits in full towers Running.jpg

this may look big but it fits nicely into a case , im willing to bet it fits in more cases than the tuniq which comes out higher , (it also looks a hell of a lot better :D)

i do realize how big 120m fans are i have 2 on the front of my case already :D
    ZOMG LOLO ROFL NO00B MY TUN!q PH00Nz0R5 J00r C00ler5 BY 4Degreese
    LO>OL I AM TEh 1337!!11!11q

listen i dont care if the tuniq beats it by a couple degrease it will keep my cpu cool , my mosfet , my ram, my northbridge, my chipset (and my feet) :P

its an awesome cooler and tbqh 13373|2 Than dah tuniq :eek:

• Advertisement

papu wrote:
    Theres yar link http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/heatsinks/coolermaster/GeminII/Page3.asp

my pc is sitting under my desk its a normal size case not a full tower and the geminii fits in full towers Running.jpg

this may look big but it fits nicely into a case , im willing to bet it fits in more cases than the tuniq which comes out higher , (it also looks a hell of a lot better :D)

i do realize how big 120m fans are i have 2 on the front of my case already :D

listen i dont care if the tuniq beats it by a couple degrease it will keep my cpu cool , my mosfet , my ram, my northbridge, my chipset (and my feet) :P

its an awesome cooler and tbqh 13373|2 Than dah tuniq :eek:

Well, thanks for the link , but thats not what I'd call cool at all.
    "The CPU still idles in the low 30s, however it maxes out at 59C. The PWM gets all the way up to 69C, and the chipset is steady at 39C. I would like to see any other heatsink even think about doing that!"

I would never run a K8 based CPU at those temps.

Also, he's comparing to an XP90, a fairly terribly powered HSF by todays standards.

Considering I could purchase something half the size, half the weight, and only use 1 fan to cool a fair bit lower, it still loses.

dont care if it looses im still getting one XD

Hopefully you dont plan o nupgrading to a new CPU anytime soon, especially Core 2.

BTW, good argument, I 've just realsed you're young and inexerienced.

4c is a hell of alot at the end of the day. 4c can determine the difference between a good stable overclock and a banzai overclock.

I also see that guy is using a dfi nf4ut board. These boards are great, and dont seems to be effected much by pwn temps. Ive had mine up to 85c, and still rock stable. On another board, it would have not stayed up and running.

Hopefully you dont plan o nupgrading to a new CPU anytime soon, especially Core 2.

BTW, good argument, I 've just realsed you're young and inexerienced.

yh its a new build i wont be "nupgrading" for a while afterthat

it probably wont be a core2 but the new amd Kuma

thanks i taught it was good aswell i am young , but wth is inexerienced?

hey heres an idea why not start a thread "everyone that dosent get a tuniq will turn their pc into an oven:mad: ........

people clock cd2 to 3 on stock cooling so please cop teh fook on :p

Now now ladies, put the handbags away.

Now now ladies, put the handbags away.

cgo0246l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I have speedfan,Nvidia monitor,TAT,Coretemp all giving me different readings
    one is telling me my cpu is at 40c and another says 60c ?? I give up my new mobo is coming on tuesday and i am taking the whole thing apart and starting again.

TonyM. wrote:
    I have speedfan,Nvidia monitor,TAT,Coretemp all giving me different readings
    one is telling me my cpu is at 40c and another says 60c ?? I give up my new mobo is coming on tuesday and i am taking the whole thing apart and starting again.

coretemp tat & speedfan should be giving around the same result.

Technically, both temps are correct.

40c is probably the temp taken in between each core, i.e the 'CPU' temp.

The 60c reading you will see will apply to each individual core, taking the reading from the hottest point in the middle of each core.

Papu, nice to see you focusing in on a typo.

Advertisement