Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got banned from Christianity forum

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Zillah wrote:
    I'll also point out that at the earliest point in our planet's history the continents looked nothing like they do now, Canada didn't even nearly eixst.
    Who pissed in your cornflakes? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Who pissed in your cornflakes? ;)

*Snatch flashback*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Zillah wrote:
    And after he created such a wonderful world he moved onto his next greatest feat: To stop dicks from entering asses :D:D
    Pff, typical cynic. It isn't as easy to redirect a mighty* phallus as you would think.

*homoeroticism++

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Let's not forget Jesus had a fit in his temple!!! Quite a violent one at that. Kicking over tables and such. Amazing. And we all love that story. I am sure he got banned from that temple. Worse, he got crucified in the end.

Well, Tim, you are reading a lot of the Bible. Find something good and true. There is plenty of it in there buried in the mud. I do love your impatience with untruth.

Brian, your God? Defending God like your front yard? Thank you for explaining your reaction due to bad mood. Tim wasn't attacking your God but your belief system and scripture. Big difference, and why you may have gotten mad. God is immune to attacks, but we are not immune to our belief systems being attacked, or the ones we love. You love God. That is something atheists need to understand. People love God. Plenty religious people love their beliefs more than they actually love God, though, and that's where they have to suffer the atheist's wrath.

I trust Asiaprod on having looked at the thread. I don't like aggression and disrespect either, I think we can debate and destroy each other's false beliefs with more style than that. Eventually we will all know the truth and become free. Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and countless others, all!, talked about the very same thing and us fools are all fighting over who was right? Aren't we fighting over whose misunderstandings are closer to the truth - mine or yours? We should dig for the truth in all of our scriptures under the thousand year old rubble.

Until then - here's to a forum that stays vibrant and doesn't get too clubby.
    Challenging each other's faiths usually strengthens what's real, and at the same time people should feel safe. Even atheists - who I feel are as interested in the truth, and as emotionally attached to a scientific, logical way of approaching life's questions as religious people are to their beliefs.

There is intellectual debate, and there is an emotional component to religious belief that needs to be respected as well as challenged. Just as Love is blind, that doesn't make it right or wrong. Atheists and believers will squabble with each other forever like a married couple.

Oh, by the way, I got banned, really banned, from a forum called Awaken. No warning, no way to defend myself or to retrieve my postings, or any other really nice postings I read there. It was so cowardly.

I didn't know what a moderator was then. I had questioned the moderator's implied state of enlightenment because he was repeatedly using profane additions whenever he mentioned Jesus' name. I just pointed it out. I also pointed out when there was a grave lack of compassion in the posts, since it was supposed to be a Buddhist flavor forum. Oh, well, you all know how I like to "point things out" - :o - but I feel loved and appreciated here for my silliness and my "service with a smile".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

but I feel loved and appreciated here for my silliness and my "service with a smile".
    I hate to be clubby, and I know we're all transients, but for as long as we have you you're irreplaceable. (Just in case you think you're the only one around here capable of being illogical.)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

:) Thank you, Schuhart.

Advertisement