Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texas Hold'em

Options
  • 16-04-2007 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Haven't played a pub game in ages but afaik there's still one in the LV every Wednesday night. Have a chat with the regulars and you'll probably find loads of games around the city.
    before headin to the supposed intimidating atmosphere of the Macau.

pfff - in at the deep end is the only way. Check out www.macausportingclub.com for a tournament schedule. Given that prices go from 1,500 to 0 you'll surely find a game to suit your bankroll. They have a "student night" on Thursdays where you'll probably see loads of UCC pokersoc people. They even had the final in the Macau last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

yeah LV have started a new league last week,some good competition there to be honest....alot better than it used to be,I expected an easy win and fought tooth and nail to get my third place last time I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Crazyhorse,
    What night izzit on???
    Wednesday????
    What is the stake level approx?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Like Blitzreiger said, there's nothing intimidating in the Macau. There's a host of freerolls and cheap nights. If you're just starting off, I'd try the €30 freeze outs on Sundays (and I think they've started them on Saturdays too) or the student nights are particularly popular.

My only warning would be the cheaper the buy in, the more punishing the blind structure, but it totally depends on your own skills as a card player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

depends where you living. My mate runs one on wed in the fox and hounds in mayfield area... There's a few places around alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

people were playing it last night in bierhaus

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

its on every thursday in the LV, 30 altogether if memory serves correct..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ryanah

Re Poker nights in pub... Try the Bishopstown Bar on Monday night, the Mountain on Evergreen Road on Wednesday nights, and finally the Commons Hotel on Friday nights.
    The man and woman that runs it are excellent, very professional,

Advertisement