Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know what this building is on Fishamble St.?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's where I store all the handguns and assault rifles I will be handing out to nursery school children after the revolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey junkie

Dublin / South City / Temple Bar / Fishamble Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Killarney doesn't have a Fishamble Street. We used to have one, then we sold it.

Frankly, I think we're a lot better off without it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Dublin / South City / Temple Bar / Fishamble Street
    Region / East / Dublin City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

well the green building to the left is a reptile store. I can only assume it's iguana territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

All I know about Fishamble St, is that the first ever performance of Handels Messiah was played there in 1742. Could have been that building ??
    The street got its name literally from the fish shambles or stalls that were there since the vikings came.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Handel's Messiah building was knocked. This is Dublin, after all. :(

Which corner is that building on? Is it Essex St beside it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Does anyone know what's in this building? It looks very interesting...
    Going by the curtains and the plants in the window, and the locked doors it just seems like a private home, albeit in a very central location... possibly flats? Just out of curiosity, why do you think it looks interesting, I would have thought there are lots of buildings like this in Dublin and indeed that general area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

I spend a lot of time on Fishamble St when I'm in Dublin, but I don't recall ever seeing that building. Where is it located exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i was told by my friend ages ago when we were walking past it that its the oldest residential building in dublin, as in has maintained its residential status. he's usually right about stuff so just presume he's right this time!

Advertisement