Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Name

Options
  • 17-04-2007 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I have a registered business name and i know i dont have full/total rights to it, if i register a ltd company and have the business name as a trading under for the ltd company do i have exclusive rights to it then?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nope. The only way to get exclusive rights to a business name is to register it as a corporation; assuming it's available.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

dahamsta wrote:
    Nope. The only way to get exclusive rights to a business name is to register it as a corporation; assuming it's available.

adam

You could also trade mark the name for about €250
    http://www.patentsoffice.ie/en/trademark.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That'll give him rights to the name, certainly, but it won't stop someone else registering the the corporation name, which could lead to trouble down the line. He might want to use a trademark agent too, as the mark would need to be registered in the right category or categories.

adam

Advertisement