Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varied Offspring between an odd couple =S

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Come on Shinners - I work with a few different groups and have been involved with pounds too - I honestly have seen a huge surge in the amount of unwanted pure breeds both adult and litters of pups.

It's sad but true - I hope others around the country involved in rescue can verify this - I am sure that the few rescues I know are not the only ones in the country with this problem ?
    I think that 6 years experience gives a good indication of the problem and if you want to call it my opinion then go ahead - doesn't detract from the truth of the matter

But you are missing the point that just because they are selling doesn't make it right
    Come full circle with me and you will see lots of them end in rescue !
    There are too many dogs being bred and not enough GOOD homes
    QED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

Yes i agree too many PB's are being bred as are there too many so called accidnts occuring, my main point is that some breeders are reputable and im sick of being painted with the same brush as these people when i do things correctly.

Maybe there is an increase due to overbreeding but still there is more cross breds than PB's in rescues (Fact).

I admire your work and the work of rescues throughout the country, but lately in this forum all breeders are being branded as un reputable this is what makes me so angry!!

also i never said that just because there selling makes it right_ again i go back to an earlier statment i made - nreputable breeders are contribyting to the problem but also are the people craeting the demand and buying dogs from random people in papers like the buy and sell etc.. that is what i was reffering to.

As i stated before the IKC needs to do something to solve this poblem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Jez - way to hijack a thread... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

apologies for my part in it beerwolf

Advertisement