Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intercontinetal Championship (Contains Spoilers From RAW)

• 17-04-2007 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Last Night Vince Asked a Guy From the Audience to come to the Ring and face Umaga For The IC Title, Vince Picks this guy in a brown shirt and asks his name he says his name is Santino Marreli and he is from italy,Santino is Actually Giving Umaga a Tough Time,Then Vince Comes Back in and Says he Forgot to Mension It Was a No DQ Match, Bobby Lashley comes to the ring and starts Fighting Umaga,Vince was Going to hit lashley with a chair but lashley blocked it and vince ran out of the ring,lashley hit umaga three times and give him a clothesline,then he put sintino on top of umaga and 1,2,3 we have a new champion santino marreli from italy Thoughts? i think he will lose the belt next week to either Johnny Nitro or Chris Masters

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Daft segment tbh. I thought the whole of raw was terrible last night and predictable as ever too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it was awful. they just wasted half an hour on that crap. a real poor way of giving away Umagas belt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Carelli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i wonder is santino marelli a fantasy league champion,if so, i would bet there is a claudio mintoi having kittens right now. The price i would pay to see the face of this mintoi's face right now..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Watching it now. And oh my, a Diva Fashion Show.

What a load of **** :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did they forget to mention it was for the IC belt? I remember JR and King acting surprised by the end of it.

The Diva contest was a joke. Maria got the loudest pop and looked phenomenal.

Funniest bit of the night was King saying the Italian announcer looked like Tazz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The lad who won it is the wrestler who Jim Cornette got fired from OVW for slapping. He had been sitting in the front row and laughing at the Boogeyman, when he was meant to be acting scared. In a way I have to thank the guy!

Haven't seen it yet, but I wasn't expecting too much from Raw this week. They're on an 11 day non-stop tour, I can't imagine that the wrestlers are in the best of moods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yeah I thought RAW pretty much sucked last night... It just seemed to have a house show feel to it. That opening I/C segment went on WAY too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Funniest bit of the night was King saying the Italian announcer looked like Tazz.

Except he looks even shorter :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

triple h wrote:
    i wonder is santino marelli a fantasy league champion,if so, i would bet there is a claudio mintoi having kittens right now. The price i would pay to see the face of this mintoi's face right now..........

Lol, I have to laugh. But one question, were you this stuck up first time you won the league or is it the pressure of the second title that inflated your head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

such disrespect to all legends who have wore the IC belt!! i mean i know he is a wrestler in real life but common giving him the belt was the ****test excuse for a storyline ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

such disrespect to all legends who have wore the IC belt!! i mean i know he is a wrestler in real life but common giving him the belt was the ****test excuse for a storyline ever

Yeah such disrespect to Chyna and Shane Douglas! :P
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

not to mention HHH ****ting all over the title :)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    not to mention HHH ****ting all over the title :)

I wasn't sure if i was to mention his 2001 run (which made no sense whatsoever!) in the same category. But him winning it in 2002 to unify it just killed it, the title was never the same since.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

5starpool wrote:
    Daft segment tbh. I thought the whole of raw was terrible last night and predictable as ever too.
    You predicted a fan was going to win the IC title? Fair play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

It was a crap raw!!!!!
    The first 25 mins of it were utter ****e and to be frank about it,a disrespect to what the IC title has stood for over the years where so many of todays top talent have held the IC title to give us so many great memories.Names like Jericho, shawn michaels, HHH, Bret hart, Owen hart stand out off the top of my head
    The diva fashion show was crap!!!!!!!!!(maria should have won because she got the loudest pop)
    The only think i liked was the jeff hardy and cade match.
    Also I dont think that I ever heard such a large majority of the crowd "Boo" cena the way they did.......
    Lets hope they have a better smackdown show planned

I'd consider the way they've been treating the IC title for years now as some sort of disrespect, not really this instance. Not having it defended on the biggest ppv's and having the champion getting squashed like Jeff was by Khali and Umaga makes it mean less and less to the fans. Had Umaga even defended it before he lost it?

^^agreed....however what happened to raw brings the word disrespect to another level i think.......
    They have done things like "retiring" the IC title in the past that has also raised much controversy

TBH i couldnt care if they done this with the united states belt because it hasnt been in wwe for long but look at the great matchs people have had for the IC title .. matchs like razor ramon vs HBK !! Classics .. im not saying the belt went dwn on the last raw . it has being going downhill for a while now .. I think if there goin to be at that S*hite of giving belts 2 people who dont deserve it they should bring back the hardcore belt( i know its retired to Mick Foley).. This new champ shouldnt last too long neways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This new champ shouldnt last too long neways

Personally, I'd like to see Santino get a bit of a run with the title, maybe in a storyline where he proves himself night in-night out . He seems decent at the acting bit, and if they made him more respectable they could restore some of the pride that the IC title lost on monday

Bubs101 wrote:
    Personally, I'd like to see Santino get a bit of a run with the title, maybe in a storyline where he proves himself night in-night out . He seems decent at the acting bit, and if they made him more respectable they could restore some of the pride that the IC title lost on monday

i dont think who umaga lost it to is the problem.Its the manner in which he lost it that is pissing off.It has happened now and nothing will restore the manner in which they "passed on" the IC title

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

fatal wrote:
    i dont think who umaga lost it to is the problem.Its the manner in which he lost it that is pissing off.It has happened now and nothing will restore the manner in which they "passed on" the IC title

I realise that the way it was passed on was dodgy enough but if my memory serves me right, did Eddie Guerrero not win the title of Chyna in an extremely dodgy way

Eddie was leaning over her to check on her while the ref counted the pin, but the idea was that you were left wondering if Eddie did it on purpose, because he was smiling behind her back after it. I don't think it was dodgy really

Even then, that still wasn't as daft as Chyna and Jericho being twin IC title holders!!

VR!

Fozzy wrote:
    Eddie was leaning over her to check on her while the ref counted the pin, but the idea was that you were left wondering if Eddie did it on purpose, because he was smiling behind her back after it. I don't think it was dodgy really
    yeah but for me its not the way it is won as much as won it!!! eddie deserved it!! feel sorry for the like of Shelton Ben and the other guys

Advertisement