Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tried it all with regards to port forwarding!no joy!

• 16-04-2007 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

anyone help me plz!
    Followed all th instructions on portforward.com with regard to static ip and router also but still when i check canyouseeme.org port is not forwarded correctly!and it gives me a different IP address(213.202.190.xxx)Could this one be BT?when i go to cmd/ipconfig/all i get this IP 192.168.1.xxx!could this one be the router/modem netopia 3345nwg?
    Frustrating the hell out of me,as windows firewall is off and zonealarm is set to allow the program in question but nothing of great note!
    any direction would be a great help!
    thanks
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Moved to this forum for a better reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭koloughlin

The reason your IP address looks different outside your network than it does internally is that your router is doing NAT. Basically the router is protecting your network by making it look like all your external traffic is coming from it, rather than from the individual machines on your network. See here for info on NAT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

as stated about this i have tried the network connections on the pc plus the port forwarding example in that website,but have 2 ips that i do not know where to put them.
    john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

You may have to allow the required ports through zonealarm. This is possible in the pro version but not with the free one afaik. Turn off zonealarm completely and re-test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

laptop does not have the problem of port forwarding which is connected via wireless link on netopia wireless router 3347nWG.
    when i check if the port is forwarded ok,no probs on canyouseeme.org.
    wierd or what!!!
    johnnyboy4711

• Advertisement
Advertisement