Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Elite Trade in??

• 17-04-2007 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

I see that they are doing a trade in over in the States where you can trade in your core, premium or even original XBox against a new elite. Any rumblings of a similar offering happening on this side of the atlantic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Vyse wrote:
    I see that they are doing a trade in over in the States where you can trade in your core, premium or even original XBox against a new elite. Any rumblings of a similar offering happening on this side of the atlantic?

It'll happen, just can't see it been worth it though, with the exception of the HD, which comes seperatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

True enough, but my dvd drive is acting up a bit and this might be a good way of getting shot of it;) Expensive trade up all the same seeing as it does nothing extra:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Trade would also need to involve the process of moving your files off the old hard drive to the new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

they are giving a transfer cable with the elite..the problem with the trade being..at what point can you transfer the data!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think that's what he's getting at, that the trade should involve transferring of your stuff.

It'll probably be a while before we hear about trade deals, things are usually done a bit half assed over here, and it's not out for a while yet (late summer?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd almost do it in the hopes that the Elite will be quieter than my launch day 360/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

well i think EB games own Gamstop. i remember reading that the xbox 1 would be traded in also. i would do it in a shot for the same hopes as you with a quieter console.
    my 360 gets laggy after 1-2 hours play and its my 5th console too!
    the black thing is nice also..ive put a skin on my standard 360 with a black finish..looks great. ive also pre-ordered a elite controller from a canadian site for 48 euro :D

its videogamesplus.ca

great rates againts the canadian dollar at the moment so do have a look.

my username is my GT by the way too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Transfer of data would have to be part of the deal (I would imagine). I suppose we'll have to wait a couple of months to find out anyway. As was stated I reckon it'll be a july/ august launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Im half considering getting an elite, are they gonna be quieter or what?

Ive had my 360 since launch day (well, tink im on my 3rd console now :rolleyes: ) and luckily the one I have now has never crashed or frozen on me (touches wood, not my wood, the desk!)

This machine would wanna be fairly quiet for me to even consider getting it, and launch day probs can be an issue with mikkysoft, so id leave it until after a couple of weeks, it would match my samsung TV nicely, my Wii be the odd colour out then so id have to spray that black!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'm not sure if they're going to be that much quieter.

They will have newer, quieter disc drives alright, but I'm not sure if they're getting the new proccesors (anyone?) so I couldn't tell you if the cooling fans will be running lower.

• Advertisement

I don't care if it is quieter, if it was better built than the last/current model then yes I'd get one but only if a tradein deal was done with MS but everything inside is the same and in my opinion it was done to stop this from happening. Not as if MS would turn round and admit that the current 360 has problems :rolleyes: .

No point me getting one just for a fancy paint job and bigger HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Dont have the new CPU in it so unless they've changed the fans n that it wont be much quiter... If u bought one only to find out that the new CPU will be shipped a month or so ltr = a quiter system what would u do??? I can see it happening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I know the Elite won't feature the new processor on the American launch date but perhaps by the time it's released in Europe it'll be shipping with the new (quieter) 65nm processor. It will supposedly get it's European launch in November.

Many have commented on how silly it is that the Elite won't have the new processor on launch.

Don't think I'll wait until November to get one though... but now I don't know whether to just get the core system and upgrade when the Elite is released.

Hmmm... think I'll wait until I hear more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

fnz wrote:
    Don't think I'll wait until November to get one though... but now I don't know whether to just get the core system and upgrade when the Elite is released.

Hmmm... think I'll wait until I hear more.

OR ... You could buy a Core and then get the 120GB hard disk and attach it and Bob's your uncle (apart from the HDMI support, which isn't always a deal breaker)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Antigone05 wrote:
    they are giving a transfer cable with the elite..the problem with the trade being..at what point can you transfer the data!!
    No transfer cable is coming with the Elite, the cable comes with the 120gig HDD.

OR ... You could buy a Core and then get the 120GB hard disk and attach it and Bob's your uncle (apart from the HDMI support, which isn't always a deal breaker)
    True that. It would depend on the trade up cost of the 65nm Elites, though It's not like I have a TV that can display 1080p anyway.

Is the only other difference (besides the hard drive) between the core and premium pack that the controller is/isn't wired to the console?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Core doesn't come with ethernet cable, platinum DVD drive or HD Cable.

mcgovern wrote:
    Core doesn't come with ethernet cable, platinum DVD drive or HD Cable.
    Cheers for the reply.

- Ethernet cable doesn't bother me if it's just a standard one.
    - Dunno what the platinum DVD drive does over the core's DVD drive. I suppose I want the one with the fastest reading speed. I hear that standard DVD movie playback on the 360 is atrocious. [Linky01] [Linky02]
    - I do need a cable to take advantage of a 720p/1080i capable TV.

T'would appear that a little research, on my part, will be in order before May 25! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Has it even been confirmed that the Elite is being released in Europe?

....and if they do, it's not going to have improved Hardware that the North American version doesn't. It's the main Xbox market, Ms aren't going to sell them short then offer the revised version to Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Fnz wrote:
    Cheers for the reply.

- Ethernet cable doesn't bother me if it's just a standard one.
    - Dunno what the platinum DVD drive does over the core's DVD drive. I suppose I want the one with the fastest reading speed. I hear that standard DVD movie playback on the 360 is atrocious. [Linky01] [Linky02]
    - I do need a cable to take advantage of a 720p/1080i capable TV.

T'would appear that a little research, on my part, will be in order before May 25! ;)

By platinum DVD drive he just means the actual chrome coating on the outside of the disc tray, compared to the plain white plastic of the core, but the drive is exactly the same. The core is functionally identical hardware, it's just the accessories it comes with that are different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement