Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duff out for Season.

• 17-04-2007 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Duffer is out for the rest of the season after damaging his ankle against Pompey.

I can’t recall seeing the tackle, but the Mirror said it was a “Horror Tackle” is this right or is the Mirror just being overly dramatic again.

Gary O’Neil is a hard tackler, despite his size, but is a model pro and I would not have thought he would have done it intentionally. Can anyone comment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Of course, he plays for Newcastle.

Standard.

edit: no comment on the tackle as I haven't seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

think the mirror were taking the piss. i saw what happened and duff just sort of fell over all on his own. he was runnin out with the ball and i didnt think it looked that bad in slow mo but obviously it is. it was kinda funny to see at the time and he got a great big cheer from the pompey fans but its not good news for him. hope he recovers from this quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Duff out for the rest of the season" actually sounds worse than it is. He'll only be missing 4 games. Not the end of the world tbh. And luckily enough it's not that serious of an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Fratton Fred should work for the Star, or the Sun.

"Duff out for season"

Or Duff out for four weeks, depending on how shocking you want it to be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Snap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

nipplenuts wrote:
    Fratton Fred should work for the Star, or the Sun.

"Duff out for season"

Or Duff out for four weeks, depending on how shocking you want it to be :D

I keep forgetting there is only four weeks left :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Duffer is out for the rest of the season ?

I thougfht he was already? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Seems to pick up an awful lot of injuries. Anyway going to Newcastle was a backwards move for him. They're a club going nowhere. Hopefully he'll be fit and well for Ireland's games in the Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

aidan24326 wrote:
    They're a club going nowhere.

I resent this. We are going backwards not nowhere. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I resent this. We are going backwards not nowhere. :D

Well at least you can joke about it anyway :) . I admire Newcastle fans' enthusiasm and eternal optimism but they have seriously underachieved for a club with such a big fanbase and who've splashed out a fair bit of money in recent years for very little return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

aidan24326 wrote:
    Well at least you can joke about it anyway :) . I admire Newcastle fans' enthusiasm and eternal optimism but they have seriously underachieved for a club with such a big fanbase and who've splashed out a fair bit of money in recent years for very little return.

Seems to be a problem of the region. I'd like to see more from the north-east, especially with the amount of Irish players the big 3 there tend to sign. That said, I don't know that Duff will be a big loss to them for the run in.

Here's hoping he's back to his best next season and that Newcastle and Boro (and Sunderland if the go up) have a good one.

Advertisement