Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

garda on stephens green

Options
  • 17-04-2007 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

have noticed over the last few weeks that the gardai have taken to sitting in an unmarked car on the south side of St Stephens Green, southbound lane op dept of foreign affaris or therebouts.

its usually a red punto but have also seen other cars. not sure what the point of it is but they seem to be watching traffic through the mirrors for whatever reason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's called covert security. They may have had a low level tip off or threat to the Dept. Or maybe they're just having a fag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Kadeshh

not really covert when have a uniform on is it?

and watching the mirrors not the dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,764 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kadeshh wrote:
    not really covert when have a uniform on is it?

and watching the mirrors not the dept.
    they are watching you, they only appear to be watching the mirrors cause you keep missing the "Crap - he's looking at us, quick...look away...*whistle*" moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Kadeshh

Tauren wrote:
    they are watching you, they only appear to be watching the mirrors cause you keep missing the "Crap - he's looking at us, quick...look away...*whistle*" moment.

of course, wathcing me walk towards them.

this is the last time i try and be helpful you undeserving bunch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,764 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kadeshh wrote:
    of course, wathcing me walk towards them.

this is the last time i try and be helpful you undeserving bunch:D
    i've never driven in town, and i hope i never have to, so i'm fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

They're always there. It's nothing to do with traffic in my experience.

They usually park in the entrance to Stokes Place, nasty surprise if your caught short on the way home from the pub. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

he means on the other side, theres always someone stationed outside the dept (if its weekend they are normally in the car)

the gardai on the other side, from what ive seen, are stopping people who are in the left line and try to merge into the right (if they were in the left lane they should have gone left towards st green)

the mind boggles really

Advertisement